Question of the Day - January 11th

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you ever broken any bones?

I broke my foot a few years ago, cracked the three metatarsal bones in the middle straight across OUCH! had to wear a moonboot for 6 weeks

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes. I broke a small bone down the side of my right foot about 9 year ago when i missed the bottom stair. I only had to have my cast on for a week with it being a small break, but it took a few weeks to get used to walking on it again
I remember feeling sick as well when they showed me the x-ray of the break

And i heard it break

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not offically thankfully! I got a good knock to the nose in gym once (with a lacross stick) and I put a chair down on my little toe once and that hurt for weeks, but neither were ever really looked at. If there was any breaking, it was very minor. I think it was just bruising in tender places probably.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've broken fingers playing sports and broke some of my little toes and walking into furniture barefoot. And I broke a bone on the upper part of left foot climbing over a pile of lumber in the garage. (I'm pretty much a klutz!)

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was 5, I was playing on the monkey bars, fell down onto this hard sand & ended up breaking my right wrist. I will always remember that day...I was just learning to write in 1st grade too & I had to start out writing with my left hand & I'm right handed. That was definitely an experience

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my... this should be fun!

When I was about 10 I broke my pinky (tripping over my own feet) and it was my dad who noticed it was rotated. Thanks dad! So they numbed me up, waited too long and set it. That was fun!

When I was about 13 I broke my wrist swinging on a vine! Just call me Jane.
Crushed it kinda like a pop can. My mom was teaching a 4-H baking class and the interuption ruined at least one project.

When I was abour 16 I broke both elbows rollerblading. I was in WI for the big air show in Osh Kosh. That was a fun ER trip. Dad swore it was only jammed so it was about 2hrs later when we finally went. The x-rays hurt so bad that they gave me a shot of demerol after and vicodine for the rest of the vacation. It wasn't until we got home and saw my own othopedist that we learned both were broke.

When I was 23ish I re-broke my right elbow when I flipped over the handle bars of my bike (hit a too big curb). This time I skipped the ER. I knew it was broken and I knew all they would do was put me in a sling.

Since then I've also severely sprained my right ankle and probably jammed or broken a toe or two. I also broke a lot of toes playing soccer as a kid.

Ya, I'm super coordinated!
I also once managed to pull all the tendons/ligaments between my hips and tail bone. I think that was worse than any broken bone... it still hurts to sit in one spot too long.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I broke my right arm after being pushed down while roller skating. I must have been about 11, it was right before I started middle school. Not only was it hard going to a new school, but having to be in a cast and learn to write with my left hand

The funny thing is, when I was trying to get back up from the fall, I looked at my arm and it was all bowed up right behind the wrist. I went to the manager of the rink and told him I thought I bent my bone

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not heard of a moonboot. The thing they gave me for a similar problem was just called a walking boot. I am trying to envision why it would be called a moonboot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I have not heard of a moonboot. The thing they gave me for a similar problem was just called a walking boot. I am trying to envision why it would be called a moonboot.
same thing, it's just big and ungangly, kinda like what the astronauts wear, that's why I call it a moonboot

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I broke my big toe one morning rolling out of bed onto a cat who was on the other side of the room a second before
Thanks, Nibs. Other than that, only sprains and such and those I've stopped counting.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fingers, toes, foot, eye socket, knee, ribs

Knee was a horse kick (shod), ribs were ATV accident (stupidity), and the others were because I used to be very scrappy and quick (extremely hot) tempered.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have broken one bone - my big toe, left foot, by dropping a drawer on it. Ouch.