TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Argh!!! I think i have yet another ear infection!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Argh!!! I think i have yet another ear infection!

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
This is seriously not cool! I think i have yet ANOTHER double ear infection I have had nothing but trouble with my ears for years now. I had surgery on them both about two years ago and that seemed to help quite a bit, but now since i recently had bronchitis and a sinus infection -it seems like that's triggered my ears to start acting up again. When i went to the regular doc for my symptoms a few weeks ago (bronchitis/etc at the time- i'm ok now!) she said the fluid build up in both ears were really bad.

Keep in mind i go to an ENT regurally (he's awesome!) but since my insurance ran out on my birthday, i'm waiting till i get married to get new insurance- so i'm kind of stuck "tuffing" it out if i can help it. My ENT mentioned if i kept having more issues with my ears i would likely have to have yet another surgery done on them if they don't get better This is making me miserable- it's soo darn painful and itchy! I hate to complaine- but my ears seriously do not feel well at the moment! I called my ENT this morning and asked if it would be ok for me to use some leftover medicine i had from my last ear infection (Same symptoms/etc) and he said that should be ok- so i'm doing that....but in the mean time i'm feeling like lopping my ears off!

I have meiners disease in both ears, Vertigo (which is controled with medicine 3x a day) (and tinnitis- the ringing in my ears.) and TMJ (i sleep in a mouth piece at night to help with it) so all of those conditions are somewhat controlled- but just painful because when one acts up it seems like they all give me issues!

Can i get a few "go away ear ache!!!" vibes? I'm going crazy over here!
post #2 of 13
i am so sorry you have an ear infection. I think ear aches and tooth aches are the worst pain you can experiance. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I will keep you in my prayers.
post #3 of 13
Maybe this is a silly question, but with all your health problems that need medical care and daily medication - why are you waiting to get married? You could easily have it done at any courthouse and still have the ceremony later. It wouldn't make your ceremony any less real and could hopefully prevent you from putting off any medical issues that could become worse - ie the infection spreading.
Sentimental value means nothing if you end up incredibly ill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondrebel76 View Post
. I think ear aches and tooth aches are the worst pain you can experiance.
GI pain is much much worse, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
post #4 of 13
Lots of vibes

Ear infections are no fun!! I am plagued with them too. One time I had outer, middle and inner ear infections to both of my ears at the same time. It was awful.

In addition to the drops, take an antihistamine daily. There are some that do not cause drowsiness, so I recommend those if you have to drive or work.

Also, don't stick things into your ears that are smaller than your index finger! Q-Tips are bad!!! They irritate the ear canal and push skin and debris back towards the ear drum and is often the cause of many ear infections.
post #5 of 13
Hope your feeling better soon.

Ear Infections are the worse
post #6 of 13
Heres tons of for your ear infection to go away!
post #7 of 13
Did you every have tubes in your ears???? I know that some docs use them on adults too not just kids!!

Hope you are feeling better soon!!
post #8 of 13
Ouch, those hurt! I hope your feeling better soon
post #9 of 13
I hope you feel better soon. Justice of the Peace sounds like a good idea to me, too.
post #10 of 13
Those are no fun! Sending lots of feel better vibes your way!
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondrebel76 View Post
i am so sorry you have an ear infection. I think ear aches and tooth aches are the worst pain you can experiance. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I will keep you in my prayers.
Thankyou hon, i appreciate it. I am off work today so i am just going to lay around a bit and keep a warm heating pad on my ears (it helps a little bit and feels pretty good when i do that.) I've been using my ear drops so hopefully they will start helping soon! I have some specifically for pain that my ENT said were ok to use so i've been doing that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
Lots of vibes

Ear infections are no fun!! I am plagued with them too. One time I had outer, middle and inner ear infections to both of my ears at the same time. It was awful.

In addition to the drops, take an antihistamine daily. There are some that do not cause drowsiness, so I recommend those if you have to drive or work.

Also, don't stick things into your ears that are smaller than your index finger! Q-Tips are bad!!! They irritate the ear canal and push skin and debris back towards the ear drum and is often the cause of many ear infections.
all 3 at once? That is aweful! You poor thing- that must have been terrible No worries about me putting q-tips/etc in my ear canal- i know better! I agree with you on the daily antihistamine- i take one every day and normally it helps- but now that something seems to have triggered my ear problems- i'm just not getting much relief at the moment. Hopefully soon it'll get better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC View Post
Did you every have tubes in your ears???? I know that some docs use them on adults too not just kids!!

Hope you are feeling better soon!!
Never had tubes in my ears but i did have the "adult" version of it a few yrs back where they punctured a hole in each ear drum and then over the course of 3 days they put drops in the ear. It helped a lot over time. But now my ears are starting to feel just aweful again.
post #12 of 13
Aw that just sucks hun I hope you start to feel better soon though.
post #13 of 13
I had tubes in my ears as a kid. I used to get very painful infections. Have they considered putting tubes in your ears?

I hope you feel better!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Argh!!! I think i have yet another ear infection!