Baby shower ideas please

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having a baby shower this Saturday for my SIL!!
I am in charge of games. I am trying to find some fun things to do. Was hoping maybe some of you may have some suggestions??

Thanks!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a google search for "Fun Baby Shower Games" that pulled up dozens of links for idea of games and themes for baby showers.

Game Ideas

Tons of cute ideas including some games for "ice breakers" that get people more comfy in the setting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Here is a google search for "Fun Baby Shower Games" that pulled up dozens of links for idea of games and themes for baby showers.

Game Ideas

Tons of cute ideas including some games for "ice breakers" that get people more comfy in the setting.
Thank you!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last baby shower I went to, we all sat on the floor blindfolded around a pile of cotton balls. They gave us tablespoons and baskets, and whoever managed to get the most cotton balls into her basket was the winner. That was kinda fun!

I also vaguely remember everybody being asked to write out three boy names and three girl names on slips of paper and drop them (folded) into two mixing bowls (boys and girls separate). We all had to draw two names out of each bowl, and if anybody drew two of the same name OR one of the names the parents-to-be had chosen for the baby, she won a prize.

One time I went to a shower where the men were invited, too, and it was great! They had to stuff a pillow up their shirts and try to keep it from falling out while they hula-hooped! Terrific fun, and all the guys were good sports.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

The last baby shower I went to, we all sat on the floor blindfolded around a pile of cotton balls. They gave us tablespoons and baskets, and whoever managed to get the most cotton balls into her basket was the winner. That was kinda fun!

I also vaguely remember everybody being asked to write out three boy names and three girl names on slips of paper and drop them (folded) into two mixing bowls (boys and girls separate). We all had to draw two names out of each bowl, and if anybody drew two of the same name OR one of the names the parents-to-be had chosen for the baby, she won a prize.

One time I went to a shower where the men were invited, too, and it was great! They had to stuff a pillow up their shirts and try to keep it from falling out while they hula-hooped! Terrific fun, and all the guys were good sports.
Wow, that sounds fun!! This shower is for girls only

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One shower I attended they passed around diapers that had different melted chocolate candy bars in and we had to guess what they were. You can imagine 20+ women smelling diapers that looked like they had bm's in them!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We did a few fun games at my best friends shower.

First we took like 10 flavors of baby food and put them on plates and people had to guess what they were. (We mostly stuck to the good sounding ones!)

Second we got play-dough and blindfolded people and they each got a small wad of the dough and had to make what they thought the baby was going to look like. A few people did really good ones too! And then there were the alien babbies....

They also did a question game where my friend's sister (who helped me throw the shower) had asked my friend's husband questions about the baby (what he said it's name would be, what it would weigh at birth, etc) and then there at the party my friend had to answer them to what she thought her husband had said. The people guessed if her answers were right or wrong. It turned out quite funny. Her husband is quite the comedian, and she knows him well.

We also had a poll going for the baby's gender up on one wall.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to my nieces and never heard of this game - its harder then you think!

Put some uncooked rice in a bowl and add about 12 safety pins (small ones) with the rice. Use the pins about the size of the rice for best results.

Then blindfold each person and they have 1 minute (timer) to fish out as many safety pins from the rice. The one with the highest number gets the prize. Be sure the safety pins are closed

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all have super ideas!!
I am going to print off some games and share them with my sister and my mom(who also are helping with the shower)...

I may just have to use some of these idea's though!!

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know that it is a old game but it is always fun to play. The cloths pin game. Give everyone 3-5 cloths pins (depending on the size of the group) then tell them which words are "off limits" usually things like "baby" "name of child" (if they have picked one) you can also use baby related words (crib, diaper, rattle etc) keep it to 3-5 words or it gets confusing. Everyone wears the cloths pins on their shirts and if you say an off limit word the person who hears you gets to demand one of your pins. The person with the most pins at the end of the shower wins a small prize. It is really funny to see who gets REALLY competitive! and as the game goes on people start to forget-so then it really gets fun!

This one also looked fun!
http://www.babbee.com/baby_shower_games/guess_baby.html

This one looked good too
http://www.babbee.com/baby_shower_ga...ice_right.html

Let us know how it went!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My baby shower that was set up for me, they had diapers and baby food in them, it was called "name that poop" It was so much fun, and everything tasted so bad! The other one was everyone had to cut a string to the size around they though I was! It was a hoot!

Then we had to diaper a bear with our eyes closed!! When I walked in, I was so supprised that it was a baby shower for me, and I saw the bear with a diaper on, I said "I could change that bears diaper with my eyes closed" They said good you're gonna have to! I did it in 12 seconds! LOL

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't read the links, and I haven't been to many baby showers but the ones I did go to normally had the game to make as many words out out of the babies name using those letter (if they already had a name picked out), the last one I went to had a game about what is in your purse and each has a point value. Simple ones like gum or a pen were only worth 5 points, but when you get up to a band-aid, wet wipes or a sippy cup, they were worth 50points.

The best game I ever saw participated in was "name that baby" where you were given a list of animals and had to guess that the baby was called (as in Cat...baby is kitten. Dog...baby is puppy) It was hard for a lot of people when they got to whales, foxes, etc. I won that game because I as addicted to the discovery channel!