MmMmMMM Salad!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH my goodness, I just had the BEST salad ever. I didn't realize I could ever love salad. I picked it up from the grocery store..it was made fresh.

It had green lettuce, purple lettuce (don't know what its called
), cucumbers, tomatoes, bacon bits, chicken, red onion and tiny pieces of shredded cheese
I had Asian Sesame dressing with it, and O M G.

I knew I had to eat more protein at lunch, so I figured I would try this salad with chicken..and boy I think I could eat this salad everyday for the rest of my life

Am I a freak for loving salad?

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No you are not a freak for loving salad,
well at least I hope not or that makes me a freak too
, I absolutely love salads of all kinds,

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salad is awesome! There are so many different yummy foods you can add to a salad

The possibilities are endless! Now we are going to have to make salad for supper

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
you may be a freak, Nat, but it's not for loving salad!!
I love a good salad too! The grocery store right by my work has an awesome salad bar
was actually thinking of going there tomorrow for lunch

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a similar salad yesterday, only I made it myself.

I love Asian Sesame dressing. I buy the Kraft Asian Sesame dressing.

I was craving a salad so bad yesterday and I couldn't take my coat off fast enough in order to get into the kitchen to make the salad! LOL

I put lots and lots of red onion in it because for some reason I was craving red onions

I'm a salad freak too. I don't have it as often as I would like because I find it too hard to get to the grocery store on a weekly basis to buy fresh produce and lettuce goes bad so quickly if kept for too long in the fridge.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love salad too - I use the Paul Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette - (the light version) and it is SO good!

Now I want a salad!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another salad lover here! My ultimate fantasy salad is red leaf, iceberg, and romaine lettuce, purple cabbage, paperthin carrots, roasted walnuts, shaved parmesan, plain croutons, and that wonderful tangy-sweet mustard vinaigrette from Maggiano's Restaurant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh, I forgot to tell you guys the best part about my salad..it was HUGE..so now I can have the rest tomorrow for lunch

The asian sesame I had was Renee's...do you guys have that brand there? It is to die for

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

The asian sesame I had was Renee's...do you guys have that brand there? It is to die for
We do have "Renee's" but I haven't really looked to see what types. I'll look the next time I go to Safeway.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

We do have "Renee's" but I haven't really looked to see what types. I'll look the next time I go to Safeway.
OMG, it is sooooooooooo good Linda, you will be floored!

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will join the salad lover's club!! I had pizza and salad for supper tonight and I didn't finish the pizza so that I could go back for seconds on the salad!
I am a ranch girl! But I will have to try the Asian sesame! I love romaine lettuce with a little cheddar, bacon bits, carrots, and chow main noodles!
Now I want more salad!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband eats a heaping dinner plate size plate of salad every night. Sometimes I get sooo sick of salad, but man he is a nut! He usually gets a veggie blend thats a mix of Romain lettuce and veggies like sugar snap peas, carrots, radish, and the purple cabbage stuff, then adds sunflower seeds, cheese, croûtons, and sometimes cranberries. We usually go for vinaigrette based dressings.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

My husband eats a heaping dinner plate size plate of salad every night. Sometimes I get sooo sick of salad, but man he is a nut! He usually gets a veggie blend thats a mix of Romain lettuce and veggies like sugar snap peas, carrots, radish, and the purple cabbage stuff, then adds sunflower seeds, cheese, croûtons, and sometimes cranberries. We usually go for vinaigrette based dressings.
Wow, a man that loves salad!?!
That is really great Leighann
..my ex wouldn't touch salad if his life depended on it (or unless it was caesar salad dripping with high fat dressing
)

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe it or not, my nine-year-old nephew loves salad, too! His father (my brother) has never eaten anything green in his life, but my nephew is growing up right in spite of it!

By the way -- years ago where I worked, we had a Thanksgiving dinner where everybody brought something, and our CFO brought the most wonderful autumn salad: romaine, diced apples, diced pears, chopped pecans, dried cherries, and poppyseed dressing. It was spectacular!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love salad too! The funny part about it is my 5 y/o, my 2 y/o and my 1 y/o could live off of salad too! We eat it all the time, and if I try to give the kids something else they just steal mine!! Its so good for them that you can't say now! Every now and then you get the occasional kitty stealing a tomato too!