TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My Daughter has a UTI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Daughter has a UTI

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Well it has been two days, My 4 year old Daughter is still having pain when peeing, so I am taking her to the doctor this afternoon. I tried the cranberry juice. I probably haven't given it enough time to work. I think it's time for antibiotics. She peed five times in two hours, this morning. She had several accidents yesterday evening, she hasn't had an accident in two years. I feel so bad for her. She doesn't want to go to the bathroom, she just cries.
post #2 of 16
Aww poor sweetie We hope she feels better soon
Hope her UTI clears up as soon as possible so she will be happy again
post #3 of 16
Aaaaw bless her little soul, it's definitely time for a doctor. It's better for a kiddie to get the antibiotics for something like that than to try and stick it out with cranberry juice. It's a great alternative remedy for us, but we as adults are slightly tougher around the edges, as it were. She's probably in a quite a lot of pain, UTIs hurt - they burn something horrible. Give her a great big hug from us, eh?
post #4 of 16
You need to take her to the doctor!

You don't want her to associate pain with going to the bathroom. Plus UTI's can rapidly become bladder and kidney infections and you don't want her to end up with an infection so bad that she has to be admitted to hospital for IV antibiotics and possible kidney damage.

Cranberry Juice is a sort of "prevention"... not a cure. She needs antibiotics.
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjerkness View Post
Well it has been two days, My 4 year old Daughter is still having pain when peeing, so I am taking her to the doctor this afternoon. I tried the cranberry juice. I probably haven't given it enough time to work. I think it's time for antibiotics. She peed five times in two hours, this morning. She had several accidents yesterday evening, she hasn't had an accident in two years. I feel so bad for her. She doesn't want to go to the bathroom, she just cries.
Aww, poor thing!! I am sending MANY get better vibes for your sweetie!!
post #6 of 16
Yes, cranberry juice can't cure anything... and in my experience, that AZO UTI stuff in the stores serves only to make the pain so severe that you're forced to finally go to the doctor. Poor little girl! I hope she gets better quick!
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
You need to take her to the doctor!

You don't want her to associate pain with going to the bathroom. Plus UTI's can rapidly become bladder and kidney infections and you don't want her to end up with an infection so bad that she has to be admitted to hospital for IV antibiotics and possible kidney damage.

Cranberry Juice is a sort of "prevention"... not a cure. She needs antibiotics.
She does have a UTI, the doctor said that, I did the right thing, often times the bacteria can be flushed out before infection sets in, when she became worse last night, then there was obvious signs of infection, it is time for antibiotics. he put her on an antibiotic I have not heard of novo-trimel? I am going to look it up.
post #8 of 16
Awwww, how traumatizing for a 4 year old I hope she gets better soon
post #9 of 16
poor thing!! I hope she gets better. I have a horrible time with them and they sell little pills called uristat - I dont know what the rules are for children, it would be something you would want to ask the doctor about, but taking one and within 45 munites you are pain free! They are a MIRACLE!!!!! See if the doctor would allow them temporarily for a couple of days till the antibiotic kicks in!!! Hope she gets better soon!
post #10 of 16
As a child I had frequent UTIs..After the doc suggested to not use any type of bubble bath in the tub and not to sit in soapy water for very long they stopped.
post #11 of 16
aww! the poor thing!

hope she gets better soon
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenandcats View Post
As a child I had frequent UTIs..After the doc suggested to not use any type of bubble bath in the tub and not to sit in soapy water for very long they stopped.
Yes a a woman of many UTI's during childhood I also suggest this..hope she feels better soon...
post #13 of 16
I, too, suffer from UTIs. You did the right thing in going to the doctor. Bubble baths, perfumed laundry detergent and scented or colored toilet paper are common culprits, esp. in children.
For future reference, the cranberry juice needs to be pure, not the cocktail, which contains high fructose corn syrup, which the bacteria just LOVE. Blueberries are even better, and can be enjoyed fresh or frozen. Also, Marshmallow root tea is soothing to the membranes - I get relief just as quickly from that as from Uristat. A warm bath with some baking soda added can be very soothing, too, while you're waiting for the antibiotics to kick in. Keeping the feet warm is important, too; many holistic healers say that going barefoot on the cold floor can cause problems.
Sending {{{healing prayers and vibes}}} to your daughter
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
Keeping the feet warm is important, too; many holistic healers say that going barefoot on the cold floor can cause problems.
Wow this is interesting..I have been in the holistic end of healing my family for years and never knew this..thank you
post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
I, too, suffer from UTIs. You did the right thing in going to the doctor. Bubble baths, perfumed laundry detergent and scented or colored toilet paper are common culprits, esp. in children.
For future reference, the cranberry juice needs to be pure, not the cocktail, which contains high fructose corn syrup, which the bacteria just LOVE. Blueberries are even better, and can be enjoyed fresh or frozen. Also, Marshmallow root tea is soothing to the membranes - I get relief just as quickly from that as from Uristat. A warm bath with some baking soda added can be very soothing, too, while you're waiting for the antibiotics to kick in. Keeping the feet warm is important, too; many holistic healers say that going barefoot on the cold floor can cause problems.
Sending {{{healing prayers and vibes}}} to your daughter
I use only pure cranberry juice, I also suffer from UTI, I have a slight defromity in my left kidney, I think my daughter's problem, despite me teaching her the proper way to wipe herself, I noticed this afternoon, she is wiping from back to front. I talked to her and again showed her the right way, this time I explained why. I gave her a warm bath with baking soda before I put her to bed. I am hoping she will have a much better day tomorrow. I had the Doctor explain that having accidents, wasn't her fault. She seemed most upset at having wet herself. I think he made her feel a lot better about it.
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
My little girl is feeling much better this morning,
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My Daughter has a UTI