Dry Food Suggestions

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I have 3 cats, all indoor only. Ages are 1 year 9 months, 9 months and 3.5 months. I've tried a LOT of different cat food and been displeased with it all. Right now they're on Purina's Indoor Formula. Not happy with it but they have to eat something while I figure things out. I would prefer a Urinary Tract Formula but it's not a necessity. Please give me some input and ideas.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would feed a kitten food but I am biased in % of protein and fat ....

where do you have to shop?>??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I live in southern California in Orange County. We have Petsmart, Petco, Walmart, Target, feed stores, etc.

laurag

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I would feed a kitten food but I am biased in % of protein and fat ....

where do you have to shop?>??
Are you saying kitten food for adults?

My cats are such snuffle piglets, that I think they would end up as round balls with 4 legs each on kitten food.

I feed mine Avoderm. I had ordered some Innova and tried the Wellness Core and that wasn't a big hit with anyone. They are all really interested in the kitten food. The kitten couldn't care less about dry kitten food. She toddles right past it. In general, she's not a focused eater but might accidently find herself drawn to the kitten food if it were more available. I'm just worried about the enormous cat that I have who is quite fond of supper.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most cat s gain wt on carbs ... on ave most true premiums have 25-30% carbs in adult food

kitten on ave carbs are 15-25 %

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, let me rephrase. I need something a bit more affordable than your list sharky. Everything you gave me is about $15-20 for a 5lbs bag!

Edit : LIST!!! I MEANT LIST NOT LIFE LMAO

jencat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Costco's kirkland premium cat food is a great price and pretty good ingredients. Not sure if it is suitable for kittens though. Felidae is an all life stage food. I've seen it for around $14 for a 10 pound bag at a feed store. (It was more pricey at a pet food store I went to though). Chicken Soup is one of the most affordable of the premium foods.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jencat

Costco's kirkland premium cat food is a great price and pretty good ingredients. Not sure if it is suitable for kittens though. Felidae is an all life stage food. I've seen it for around $14 for a 10 pound bag at a feed store. (It was more pricey at a pet food store I went to though). Chicken Soup is one of the most affordable of the premium foods.
I had them on Costco's when I lived with my mother for a while because she had a membership. I was fine with it but I don't have a membership and wouldn't want to get one just for discounted cat food.

My friend also mentioned Chicken Soup. I think I'll try that.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by okiron

Ok, let me rephrase. I need something a bit more affordable than your list sharky. Everything you gave me is about $15-20 for a 5lbs bag!

Edit : LIST!!! I MEANT LIST NOT LIFE LMAO
They shouldnt be ... Nutro and Natural Balance and Solid Gold at Petco are under 20 for 8-20 lb bags ...

chicken soup and nutro are both cheapest usually at feed stores...

In my area
chicken soup at pet store 30$ for 16lb at the feed store a mile away 18$ for 16lb

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm then maybe I just went to overpriced websites. Because that's what they wanted to charge me.

rolling thunder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just bought Nutro's Max Cat yesterday and I paid 12.99 for an 8lb bag. It is supposed to be for finicky cats which is why I'm trying it. Hopefully it will work.

smokiethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
nutro max in my area is 10.99 for a 8 lb bag(Iowa)..the "good" ones last
longer because they don't need to eat as much....