I'm home!!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's so nice to be home after almost a week in hospital. I was tired and cranky yesterday and was almost climbing the walls I was so desperate to get out.

On the good side, I've made a REALLY fast recovery, I haven't really been in any pain, the scar is higher than they usually have to go, but looks amazing considering what they did and they fixed my aorta problem before it became lethal.

On the bad side, I can't eat anything sweet at the moment because my taste buds seem to have gone on holiday - anything sweet tastes the same and horrible. I can't even enjoy chocolate at the moment
I can't have anything dry because my throat is still sore and a bit swollen from the respirator. I am completely exhausted from not being able to sleep in hospital, and am just trying to hold out until a reasonable bedtime.

So the bad things are pretty minor (I mean it's hospital, not the Ritz Carlton!), and I am just so pleased to have gotten through it so well and know I can relax about my health for a long long time, and get back into a normal life again.

The kitties have all been happy so see me - as soon as I sat down, Lily came out of hiding, mewed at me and rubbed against my legs, Smudge sat in my lap purring her little heart out (she's not a lap cat), and then Stumpy came for a snuggle in my lap briefly too (she also isn't a lap cat!).

I just need to keep remembering to take it easy - it's harder being home - there's so many more things to do that cause strain on my incision. I leant back on my arm before and just got my hand down when I pain shot through my chest and I remembered that was a HUGE no-no! So east to forget...

Anyway, so that's the latest in my drama

We also went to the mail box this afternoon and got my secret santa box, which was an AWESOME surprise to come home to!!!! I'm just uploading photos to post, so check the other thread!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That's great that you are home!!!!

I wouldn't be bothering to wait for a reasonable bed time. I bet you are tired enough that you would sleep until morning anyway.
Being in your own bed will feel fantastic tonight.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so wonderful that you are home!!

Like Karen said, sleeping in your own bed will be so great!
Keep up with the amazing recovery & take it easy!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You get to sleep in your own bed!

[size=+2]WELCOME HOME!!!!!![/size]

I'm amazed that you haven't been in much pain - that is awesome!

Don't worry - chocolate will taste wonderful again real soon!

Laurie

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! You are doing wonderfully! So did this fix your aorta & you'll be able to not have to worry about that anymore? I'm so glad for you. My mom died at 65 and I'm pretty sure it was her anyuerism (sp) that was the problem.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad you did get to go home today!!
I can just imagine how bored you must have been. Enjoy your sleep tonight!!

That sucks about your taste buds; hope they sort themselves out soon.

Awww, that's so sweet about your girls; they missed their meowmy. You have three little furry nurses to help you through your recovery.

And how awesome that your SS pressie was there the day you come home!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are amazing.

Enjoy your sleep...

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarah, so glad your home and well on the mend! Amazing what modern medicine can do huh?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Already home! You take care and cuddle those kitties. They make great nurses.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You must be so happy to be home!

Get lots of rest, but I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here!

So glad that you are back!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great that you're home and doing so well!

Continued vibes for your recovery!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Wow! You are doing wonderfully! So did this fix your aorta & you'll be able to not have to worry about that anymore? I'm so glad for you. My mom died at 65 and I'm pretty sure it was her anyuerism (sp) that was the problem.
Yup, it's all fixed! My valves may not last a lifetime now because they've been fiddled with and the stuff they replace the aorta with just isn't the same as your own tissue. So a long way down the track I may need the valves replaced, and I'll still get checked regularly, but I certainly won't be worried about it anymore