What's for dinner - January 9th

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Today I am making something I've never made before - smoked sausages and sauerkraut. It just sounded good when I was at the grocery store. I don't have a recipe, I am just winging it. I'm going to fry up a little bacon and onions and then add the sauerkrout...maybe a little beer too.

What are you having?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am making Pork Medallions with Cranberries and Apples and Butternut Squash puree. For the new WW persons, that is 8 points.

I would drain and rinse the sauerkraut with water two times to get rid of the briny flavor. Also, add a pinch of sugar to the sauerkraut. I would use apple juice not beer. Hey, I am German and I know and love sauerkraut.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we're having some grilled chicken with swiss cheese melted on top. Maybe tater tots. I'm still getting over a cold, so I dont feel like making anything big.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John said he's bringing me back a Burger King salad... if he doesn't get back soon though I'm not going to be able to eat it cause it's been awhile since he called me. If that's the case, I'll probably just have a cheese sandwich.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had braised steak with roast potatoes, carrots and sprouts, followed by a small tub of rice pudding and strawberry jam, oh and an ice cream cone
and now an adverts just come on t.v. to register for Weight Watchers

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Today I am making something I've never made before - smoked sausages and sauerkraut. It just sounded good when I was at the grocery store. I don't have a recipe, I am just winging it. I'm going to fry up a little bacon and onions and then add the sauerkrout...maybe a little beer too.

What are you having?
Wife is working late tonight so I imagine it will be a TV dinner. Yes, make no mistake, I can cook but do not like cooking for myself. It is so easy to reach in the freezer and pull out a TV dinner.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are going to have sloppy joes around 9 tonight when my boyfriend gets home from work. We had a late lunch (Subway at like 3pm) so neither of us were hungry before he went to work at 6. I hate when he works split shifts, it screws up lunch and dinner.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gosh I envy you all! Ive got "Fend-for-Yourself" tonight... which means ill probably have some Chicken Roman Noodles with Fried Veggies mixed in!! ((Veggies will be Fried with the Fry Daddy))... I wish I had cheese now

Edit:
Wow people post fast... T.V. Dinners and Sloppy Joes... poor people. lol
Although Sloppy Joes do sound a lil better than Veggie Noodles with No Cheese!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having a "fat" dinner...

A Zaxby's Snak Pak Meal (3 chicken tenders with honeymustard, fries, a piece of toast and a drink), and I picked up a 1/4lb single burger from Wendys when I got Rob his Chicken Club.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

Edit:
Wow people post fast... T.V. Dinners and Sloppy Joes... poor people. lol
Although Sloppy Joes do sound a lil better than Veggie Noodles with No Cheese!
I love sloppy joes. I don't eat them very often but its something different.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still recovering from surgery and infection and I think I over did it running around today. So, I made a ham and cheese Eggbeater omelette with some toast.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken nuggets & fries... woohoo

Karen, I need to move to your house, your dinners always sound so good!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably prawns with one of the Thai sauces I have in the freezer. It's a local Thai family operation that makes several really awesome authentic sauces and sells them from a stall in the market, or through one of the merchants who deals in local gourmet items. Probably going to try one of the ones we haven't had before. I have a hard time cutting the top off a bag and pouring the contents into half-cooked meat and veg to finish cooking, and not thinking of it as a copout, but they are soooooooooooooooooo good!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Chicken nuggets & fries... woohoo

Karen, I need to move to your house, your dinners always sound so good!
I don't start a thread when I am having peanut butter and crackers.

Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Probably prawns with one of the Thai sauces I have in the freezer. It's a local Thai family operation that makes several really awesome authentic sauces and sells them from a stall in the market, or through one of the merchants who deals in local gourmet items. Probably going to try one of the ones we haven't had before. I have a hard time cutting the top off a bag and pouring the contents into half-cooked meat and veg to finish cooking, and not thinking of it as a copout, but they are soooooooooooooooooo good!
That sounds good.