Dream sweats

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever I have a bad dream I wake up sweaty. Sometimes it's worse than others. One night I probably could have wrung it out of my sheets.
Does this happen to any of you or am I strange?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Night sweats can be a sign of peri-menopause...maybe that's what's going on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Night sweats can be a sign of peri-menopause...maybe that's what's going on.
I hope not, I'm only 26. Plus it seems to only happen when I have a bad dream.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done that when it was a particularily intense dream.

May I ask your age? Could it be night sweats associated with age? (well, that was answered above.
)

Or could the room just be too hot?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I hope not, I'm only 26. Plus it seems to only happen when I have a bad dream.
Not unheard of.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've gotten them sometimes too, especially when I have vivid dreams. They aren't necessarily bad dreams, but very vivid that I can remember in detail after I wake up, including color, sounds, smells, etc. I finally realized that the sinus medicine I take sometimes at night will give me vivid dreams and night sweats. Once I switched brands they stopped...for now. Are you taking anything before you go to bed that would cause it?

If it is the bad dream, that would seem normal to me. If your adrenaline increases because of a dream, it would make sense that you would start to sweat. Maybe ask your doctor what would cause it.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get them with very vivid dreams. I tend to have very vivid dreams just before significant events - for example 9/11, - the night before, I dreamt I was on board an aircraft with an american woman who had dead twins (boy and a girl) held in her arms. That was so clear that I woke up sweating profusely, screaming and then I had to go and check on my own son to see that he was alright.

It also happened with the 2004 Tsunami and hurricane Katrina... both times I woke up in what could only be called "small inland ocean". I'm only 25. And I KNOW I'm not menpoausal!! You're not wierd, it does happen.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have that happen when I have night terrors. They are not dreams, ( well the are but to me they aren't, make sense?) they are bad things in my past that occasionally come unburied and end up in my dreams, thus a night terror.

I haven't had one in a long time, (thankfully) when I divorced my ex I had them quite alot because of all he put me thru and stuff related with the divorce.
Hopefully I never get one again. They are absolutely terrible. I can't get back to sleep after one, and I scare poor hubby to death.

Maybe you should talk to a doctor about it. They might be able to give you some insights, or answers. Who knows??