My daughter...

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is sick, again!! I finally got her a appt today and I am hoping they can give me some answers.

She is running a fever and coughing and complaining her throat hurts. I feel so bad for her...
I dont like my baby sick!

Anyways, I had posted awhile back that I had concerns about her, so today I am going to hopefully get some answers.

Please keep her in your thoughts today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just filling ya in on how her dr appt went....she didn't have strep(thank goodness) just a viral thing I guess, but he did put her on Amoxcil. We talked about her being so skinny looking and her hair issue, and he said since August she has gained 1 pound! and grew 3 inches, so yes, she would look skinier, but the hair thing he was concerned about~he said I need to bring her back next week to weigh her to see if she has gained any weight in a week, and if not he wants to do blood work.
He thinks if anything, it may be a hyperthyroidism? He also said that in his 20 yrs of being a doctor, he has seen 2 kids under the age of 12 that have this...so its not very common, BUT still could be what is wrong.

Please continue to think of her(and ME) because I am going to be worried about her
Send a few thoughts/vibes to us.

Thank you!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for your daughter.

Is the hair thing her losing a lot of hair? How old is she? I'm curious since I tend to lose a lot of hair per day, but its not noticable. However I've been told its hormonal rather than hyprthyroid.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

for your daughter.

Is the hair thing her losing a lot of hair? How old is she? I'm curious since I tend to lose a lot of hair per day, but its not noticable. However I've been told its hormonal rather than hyprthyroid.
She is 3(4 next month) and the hair thing-I dunno, she loses some when I wash it, and lately it looks just kinda rough and yucky...(brittle) I dunno what to think about it....

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww - well some good news and some not so OK news then. Whichever way it goes, it's going to be really good to know for certain what's wrong and then be able to treat it properly. for you both