I need help picking out a wedding ring!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who wants to help me pick out a wedding ring
There are soo many options i'm just not sure where to begin!
I am allergic to gold -so the ring must have platinum (that's what my engagement band is too -so it'd match.)

I want something that I can wear with my engagement ring -it means a lot to me, so i am trying to find something that will compliment it and look nice at the same time. I'm staying away from eternity bands as those can not be resized well (where the diamonds go all the way around.)

This is what my engagement ring looks like (only the band is platinum instead of white gold, and the ring is 1/2k. instead of 1. (one would be huge!!!))
http://www.gold-custom.com/Ring-Sett...ag_RS-001.aspx So whatever i get for a wedding band- i want it to go well with my engagement ring -as i don't plan to take it off or switch hands. It means the world to me

Here are a few options i had in mind. Keep in mind we are having to pick out the ones we like online. My soon to be sister-in-law's family owns a jewerly store in Mobile, Al. so we are ordering through them to get a good discount on our rings. So we are trying to pick off rings from this website as they have the same catalogues/etc in store and can order from it. I wear a 5 so i don't really want anything too terribly big

These are a few i had in mind! What do you think? Feel free to make suggestions!!!

A) This one is a ring enhancer- so i'd still be able to wear my engagement ring with it. I really like the look of a slim "ring" on top and one on bottom. This is really the one i'm leaning towards

http://www.stuller.com/products/prod...8-60dfb846e47e

B) I love the look of this one too (it's also an enhancer), it is probably as big as i'll get though -any bigger would just look tacky on my hand i think.
http://www.stuller.com/products/prod...8-60dfb846e47e

C) This is probably one of my favorites!!!
I love that it's just simple and dainty. I also like the look of the diamonds in individual prongs better than a channel setting, if i wind up with a ring in a channel setting though, i'm hoping to get it millgrained on the edges. This one is probably my favorite. I was thinking about getting two and putting one on top and one on bottom. But i dunno as that can get pricy, even with the discount. So i think even though i LOVE this one, the first ring enhancer might be the best option since i like the look of one ring on top and one on bottom.
http://www.stuller.com/products/prod...e-2effdce2e309

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked C because I just love it! The other ones are they in two pieces or how do they go around the engagement ring?
Sorry its been a long day and that confused me more than it should have LOL!
But no matter what I still love the look of the 3rd one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for voting everyone!!! I'm still stumped as to which one to get!!
I REALLY love C- it's my favorite, but i also love the look of two- so the ring enhancer might be the way to go
Not sure yet!!!

Originally Posted by capt_jordi

I picked C because I just love it! The other ones are they in two pieces or how do they go around the engagement ring?
Sorry its been a long day and that confused me more than it should have LOL!
But no matter what I still love the look of the 3rd one!
The engagement ring slides right in between the other two "rings" on the enhancer
You put the engagement ring inside of it and then put it all together as one ring on your finger
They're kind of neat- i tried on a few in a local store today just to see how they looked!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for C, because it has such a delicate look about it... and y'know, you could always get one for now and the second one for your first anniversary!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

the cheapest one
lol you sound like someone i know
luckily though we are getting an AWESOME AWESOME discount on all the bridal jewerly since the shop is owned by family- so cost while important, is not going to be too horrible.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I voted for C, because it has such a delicate look about it... and y'know, you could always get one for now and the second one for your first anniversary!
That's what we talked about as well! Have one on the bottom for now and then a few yrs later as an anniversary gift, get another for the top! We might just do that!
I am really in love with the delicate look of C- i tried on a similar one in a local jewerly shop today just to see what it looked like and i LOVED it!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

lol you sound like someone i know
luckily though we are getting an AWESOME AWESOME discount on all the bridal jewerly since the shop is owned by family- so cost while important, is not going to be too horrible.

That's what we talked about as well! Have one on the bottom for now and then a few yrs later as an anniversary gift, get another for the top! We might just do that!
I am really in love with the delicate look of C- i tried on a similar one in a local jewerly shop today just to see what it looked like and i LOVED it!
Have you tried any with colored stones? Mine has 3 leaf-shaped rubies and a little swirl of diamonds, and I just love it.

kit e cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love the third one! That's exactly what I want for my wedding bands.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a toss-up between A & C (I didn't like B - I guess it's just not my thing), but I chose C. And like Carol suggested, you could always add on to it later w/ an anniversary ring.

~KK~

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

That was my first thought!!!! I had a friend do that and it looks great and means so much to her.

I do like option B also, but I'd rather have that sort of ring as a right hand ring. I think C is timeless and just so elegant!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the third one!

If you're worried about resizing, I would think the enhancers would be difficult?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
definitely C! Your engagement ring is HUGE girl, you lucky thing!! I think if you had an enhancer, it would be FAR too much.... but C is gorgeous - and I don't see why you couldn't wear your engagement ring with ANY wedding band. I have to admit I find the enhancers pretty gaudy and over the top.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another vote for "C"!!!

I can't picture in my head what "A" would look like with your engagement ring.
"B" to me (sorry) looks a bit juvenile clashing with your engagement ring.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My vote is for A. I think the larger stones look really nice. I dont think you can ever have a diamond that is too big. I love ring that stands out on your hand