OMG! Just got back from NYC - saw Wicked!!!!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Wicked!! Well, the musical, not so much the book. The lyrics to the songs are just so clever and witty, and the music is really great! I can't wait until it comes around here so I can see it again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Is Wicked a band?
Glad you had fun
Sorry! It's a broadway musical. And the weather was really really good.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol Its a musical, sort of a continuation of the Wizard of Oz. It tells about the relationship between Glinda the good witch and Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West, and how Elphaba became the "wicked" witch.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did very well, thanks, I took my meds, but no drinks, and slept the whole way. It was very nice, actually!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I must tell my daughter. She just finished the book and is adamant that she is going to find a way to go to NYC to see the play.

Glad your trip was "uneventful"
and that you weren't stressed.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad your trip was wonderful. I'm glad that you enjoyed the musical. I tried, several times, to read the book, but I thought it was horrible. I absolutely LOVE musicals, so perhaps I will get to see it on the stage. I had actually abandoned the idea, because of the book...I might have to re-think that decision!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to hijack the thread
but the musical is really nothing like the book! Its like they took the same cast of characters with some basic traits alike and a very basic plotline and then made two entirely different things with it!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I did very well, thanks, I took my meds, but no drinks, and slept the whole way. It was very nice, actually!
I'm so glad you had a good flight!

I've always wanted to see a Broadway Musical, your so lucky you got to go!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read the book and loved it! I am glad you liked the play and NYC. I would move back there now but hubby - who is also a native NYer too - prefers CA.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You were in my neighborhood!!! I work one block from the Gershwin Theatre where Wicked is playing. I love that show. Happy you have a good time and also glad you missed the 17 degree weather.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Wicked came to Denver and I didn't think to see it. It's really, really good, and I was wondering if I should read the book or not.

We stayed in mid-town at the Affinia 50 hotel. Very nice.

DD and I flew out of Denver at 12:40 a.m. on Saturday morning - got to the hotel at about 7 a.m., and slept a few hours. Then we went to the Empire State building, and also walked around a little bit. We rode the subway lots! That night we ate at an Indian place that was really nice. I think it was near Times Square.

Sunday we got up late (whoops!) and rode the subway to Central Park West where we walked by the Dakota (John Lennon's former abode) and went to the Museum of Natural History. VERY cool place. Then we subbed it again over to the Theater District to see Wicked, which was the 3:00 matinee. Then we went to an Asian Fusion place for dinner, which was also very good. I think we walked back to our hotel from there, it was only 6 or 8 blocks if I remember correctly.

Monday we got up early and did the harbor cruise (about 2 hours, and it goes by the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island). Then we got really messed up on the subway and rode all over and ended up back where we started and had to walk almost all the way across Manhattan to get back to our hotel, LOL! Then we went to the airport. My DH & DS were supposed to fly out at 5:15 on United, and my DD and I were scheduled to leave at 9:40 on Frontier, but we checked in for the 5:40 as standby, and got on! We actually beat the guys home, LOL. Only problem was taking my meds. They tell you 20 minutes beforehand and it takes my meds an hour to work.
But it went ok anyway.

Oh, I forgot, I think it was Saturday, we went to St. Patrick's Cathedral and lit a candle for my mom.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always wanted to see Wicked! I've heard that it's really great. I didn't know that there was a book, though. Anyone want to sell me theirs for cheap??

It sounds like you really had a great time, Kluchetta!
I'd love to visit NYC myself some day.
I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any problems w/ the flight and all..

~KK~