Top Cat
Purraise
He is quiet and small
He is black
From the ears to the tip of his tail
He can creep through the tiniest crack
He can walk on the narrowest rail

Oh! Well I never! Was there ever
A cat so clever as magical Mr. Mistoffolees!
Mischief Mistoffolees is better known on The Cat Site than some of the Jellicles, but still not as much as others. He needs some added "face time" as well

Several years ago, my sister sent me an email with a link to the local humane society's website. They had a small cat up for adoption, a tiny Calico, that had been found missing part of a rear foot. After thinking about it a day or two, I decided that we could make room for her here, and I went to the shelter. She was still there, but was already being processed to go to her new home
As I wished her well and backed away from her pen, something snagged my sweater, right in the middle of my back where I couldn't reach it. The lady at the shelter laughed and said that it was just Mischief. Once she got me loose, I was able to turn around and see the sleek, shiny, long-as-my-arm black cat in the pen behind me. His intake card said it all! Mischief is an ex-stray; a street smart hustler. He wandered the same neighborhood for nearly 3 years, with a kind woman feeding him daily and leaving him a bed and heat lamp on a covered porch in the winter. Then one day, while a neighbor was visiting, the neighbor brought up that she'd been feeding her cat. When they both discovered that Mischief wasn't the other's cat, they asked a few neighbors; and found that Mischief was getting meals at no less than 4 houses and had beds at 2. Because he didn't really have a home and none of them could actually keep him, they bundled him up and took him to the shelter.

We ended up going to the playroom for about an hour. I picked him up the next morning

Mischief is the tribe's Ambassador. All the other Jellicle's rely totally on his judge of character. He is the first to check out and greet newcomers, and was even the first one to make contact with Cabela, the D.O.G when she came to spend her too short time with us.

My mother calls Mischief "Teddy Tail"; because whenever there is a new kitten in the house, lonely, scared and intimidated, Mischief is quick to offer up his tail, to give the kittens something to cuddle with as they drift off to sleep

Mischief Mistoffolees "laying down the law" to Cabela, the D.O.G. (RB)

Mischief has actually been known to stuff his 12 1/2 pound frame into a 7"x9"x3.5" box

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, Teddy Tail! That is soooooo sweet!

Heart of gold, that Mischief has.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit I am completely enjoying the Jellicle Chronicles...I just love how they function as a great big family