help is innova evolution causing this smell?

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cant live liek this anymore! I only have 3 cats and i have 3 litter boxes and it feels like i have 50 cats and one litter box~! I have had cats mmy whole life and i use to live in a 2 bedroom apt with 3 cats they never stunk THIS MUCH~! I really am starting to think its the food I need to change them to something just as healthy but not so smelly! I remember when i lived in an apt i had 3 cats ONE LITTER BOX and i fed them iams and there was never a problem!

I am constantly cleaning the litter but still its horrible!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i need a food really low in carbs and high in protien but is that the kind of food that causes this horrible smell?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
EVO is a very rich food, and some cats simply will not do well on it. Period. I have no suggestions on a food, other than perhaps looking into california natural?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try mixing it with a food that's a bit less rich. That way their little systems aren't so overloaded.

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I mix there food with t/d vet dental food already

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
how about one of the other grain frees ... my Zoey can only handle Taste of the Wild ... at least here I am lucky and it runs 10.40 for 5 lbs vs EVO at 13 for 2.5

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
taste of the wild? I will look for that is it in Canada?

What about orgin? ANything that is known to not produce stinky stools?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
orijen is another that was Zoey okay

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are in Canada, Orijen is one of the best priced and most easily available

ANY new food will cause some digestion problems if you switch over too soon, particularly a real change in diet like changing to a high protein food

They have the following stores listed for Kingston

Birds N Paws
79 Brock Street
Kingston, ON
Phone: (613) 546-6777

Global Pet Foods
1111 Princess Street U#2
Kingston, ON K7l 2T1
Phone: (613) 548-8879

The Pet Store
945 Gardiner's Road
Kingston, ON K7M 7H4
Phone: (601) 384-6203

Urban Paws
1183 Midland Avenue
Kinston, ON K7P 2X8
Phone: (613) 384-0987

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I switched over to Orijen a couple months ago and our cats love it. No bad odour to litter either. (Well, when they first use the bathroom of course just like us humans, but no lingering odour.)

pamalajane

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also had problems with super stinky poo with the Innova Evo. I really wanted to feed them a grain free dry but the runny and stinky poo was very bad. I am now feeding Solid Gold with no runny stinky poo problems.

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok i bought orgin today so im mixing it in

nicolegray

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What about trying normal Innova? I know that they're better-known for Evo, but the regular stuff is pretty good too. Our cats occasionally have a stinky poo, but it fades quickly, and with daily cleaning it's a non-issue. Here's the website.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by NicoleGray

What about trying normal Innova? I know that they're better-known for Evo, but the regular stuff is pretty good too. Our cats occasionally have a stinky poo, but it fades quickly, and with daily cleaning it's a non-issue. Here's the website.
Reg innova is good but most of us find it a bit grainy in the dry form .. the wet is usually well recieved

nicolegray

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Reg innova is good but most of us find it a bit grainy in the dry form .. the wet is usually well recieved
That's good to know. Up until recently we'd only been feeding wet, but we've started leaving dry out for one of the cats at night. We'll have to look at something other than Innova. Thanks!

jencat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think Innova is a good dry food if your cats are not allerigic to barley. The carbs are 25.02 % which is on the low end for a non- grain free formula. I fed the dry to Hunter as kitten and he did very well on it. He came to me eating another quality food but he had horrible diarrhea and gas on it and it didn't clear up so I swithched him to Innova after it was recommended to me. It contains Barley and rice for grains. I would not feed this to Kaley, my girl with grain allergies because of the barley but it was great for Hunter. His coat was just incredibly soft and shiny while eating it. He was also an underweight runt and sickly (he was 3 months and 1 week before he weighed in at 2 pounds with a full stomach which is really small for his breed and compared to his brothers) but he thrived on Innova dry and quality canned food. I'm feeding them California Natural Chicken and Brown Rice for their dry now because of Kaley's allergies and it only has brown rice and rice in it, no barley. The carbs are actually higher than Innova though at 27.27%.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jencat

I think Innova is a good dry food if your cats are not allerigic to barley. The carbs are 25.02 % which is on the low end for a non- grain free formula. I fed the dry to Hunter as kitten and he did very well on it. He came to me eating another quality food but he had horrible diarrhea and gas on it and it didn't clear up so I swithched him to Innova after it was recommended to me. It contains Barley and rice for grains. I would not feed this to Kaley, my girl with grain allergies because of the barley but it was great for Hunter. His coat was just incredibly soft and shiny while eating it. He was also an underweight runt and sickly (he was 3 months and 1 week before he weighed in at 2 pounds with a full stomach which is really small for his breed and compared to his brothers) but he thrived on Innova dry and quality canned food. I'm feeding them California Natural Chicken and Brown Rice for their dry now because of Kaley's allergies and it only has brown rice and rice in it, no barley. The carbs are actually higher than Innova though at 27.27%.
How is Hunter's coat now on the CN compared to Innova? I've never used either and just wondering....thanks

jencat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's to early to tell because I just got him totally transitioned over from Natural Choice to California Natural a couple days ago. His coat was not nearly as shiny and soft on the Nutro as it was on the Innova. Kaley's was nice and shiny on the Nutro though.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jencat

It's to early to tell because I just got him totally transitioned over from Natural Choice to California Natural a couple days ago. His coat was not nearly as shiny and soft on the Nutro as it was on the Innova. Kaley's was nice and shiny on the Nutro though.
different cats need different fatty acid levels ... Zoey needs high omega six and high omega 3 while Kandie just needed moderate high omega 6 .. the dog needs SUPER high omegas

Califonia natural USED to have a Omega 6 level of 6% and high omega 3 ... now I believe the 6 level is in the 3.5-4 range