Frustrated with kitty spilling cups over

booboo_kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my cats is obsessed with our cups and glasses. The second we leave a room, she jumps up on the table and tips it over. This is happening several times a day. While I try to keep them unavailable, I also have 3 children. They leave the cup for a moment, and it gets tipped over. She has even tipped over my flower vases on numerous occasions trying to get to the water. She does this with glasses, coffee tumblers (the kind with just a small hole) water bottles, cups with straws, you name it.

She has plenty of fresh water, and I run the sink for her at least twice a day so she can drink directly from the tap. We are working on getting her a water fountain type bowl.. but I am doubting that will stop this. She just loves to get into OUR glasses.

HELP!!!!

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get some sports water bottles for your children and yourself. If they get knocked over, no big deal.

My children weren't allowed to eat or drink anywhere except the kitchen, breakfast room and dining room. It actually worked out well for us.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Get some sports water bottles for your children and yourself. If they get knocked over, no big deal.

My children weren't allowed to eat or drink anywhere except the kitchen, breakfast room and dining room. It actually worked out well for us.
It is pretty difficult to stop the attraction of an object if available regularly. Agree with above, the best is sports bottle or to insure cups and glasses are not left out to entice her. The best way to correct this is to catch her in r=the act and correct it, as well as you know it is her doing it.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Jack does that all the time with mine
He tries to get either the straw or the ice cubes out, but if it's iced water that's in he likes to dip his paw in and lick it

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats do the same thing, I've learned to either take the cup with me when I leave a room or to lock the cup in a cabinet or something until I come back.

laserray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was just a faze with my male bengal.
Someone told me the same thing, find cups that don't tip over.
Now he doesn't bother with any cups anymore.

Diffinately get the cats a water thingy.
Me I use a water foutains and sink.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I realized about 6 weeks ago that cups and glasses no longer belonged to me--in fact nothing in my house belongs to me anymore...it all belongs to Jack (good thing he's cute).

Leslie

Perhaps encourage drinking from places that don't make a mess? Jack knows if he meows at the bathroom door I will run the sink or bathtub for him--he likes his water fresh and cold...