Freaky Weather!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it is definitely a weird winter here.
Luckily we haven't had anything as bad as that storm, but we did have dense fog. And it poured rain yesterday morning. My car slid down the icy driveway.
I'm really hoping we don't get the freezing drizzle they are talking about.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh no! I hope that stuff isn't headed out way, but I think it is
They have a tornado warning issued for Sandusky County, that's west of here, where Cedar Point is if anyone knows that. It's been very warm here for this time of year, in the 60s last 2 days- now that is freaky!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're supposed to be getting that severe weather tonight too. It's gotten really windy and dark outside over the past couple of hours.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Global Warming is having a bad effect all around.

Where I live it's usually almost -40 degrees this time of year! Today I wore a spring jacket and no gloves and walked 1 1/2 blocks and was barely chilly. Not that I'm complaining! I wish all of our winters were like this.

Then on the otherside of the coin is the eastern part of Canada that is getting 6 feet of snow in a week and ice storms too!

Crazy!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Yeah, Global Warming is having a bad effect all around.

Where I live it's usually almost -40 degrees this time of year! Today I wore a spring jacket and no gloves and walked 1 1/2 blocks and was barely chilly. Not that I'm complaining! I wish all of our winters were like this.

Then on the otherside of the coin is the eastern part of Canada that is getting 6 feet of snow in a week and ice storms too!

Crazy!
It kinda scares me personally. A week ago it was 7 degrees here... yesterday it was 65! I left my dance class in a tank top and was comfortable.
We also had some nasty but spotty storms last night and those paired with the melting snow mean that half our city is flooded.

Hey luvmycat1, how are you over in Elkhart? I know the news said flooding there was pretty bad too.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup, freaky it is!

yesterday was 62, and today was 70!!!! omg, i am LOVING having my windows open, but 2 days from now its supossed to be back in the 20's. i just KNOW this isnt good for my my bronchitis,lol

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i was caught in the middle of those storms last night. i had to go pick up roman at work and there was tornado warnings all around. i was so scared, and just as i got about 2 miles from the plant where he works it started raining and hailing like no other. i was so scared, i couldnt even see the road. i cried all the way to the plant and half way home. http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=142660

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Global warming or whatever it is, it sure is crazy!

I made a meatloaf this morning, and ended up having to turn the a/c on b/c it got too hot w/ the oven on (that's how warm it is here!). Then about an hour or so later, it got really dark & gloomy, and poured rain for about 15 minutes - in which time, the temps dropped about 20 degrees.
Now I have the heat on again..

The poor UPS guy just delivered a package, and he was wearing shorts! Of course, he dressed for this morning's weather when it was still warm out - not for now when it's cooled off so much again. I'm sure he wasn't expecting THAT! Poor guy..

~KK~