Some Days, I Could Just Smack My S/O!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was one of them!

I try to keep the house as neat & clean as possible, which is difficult b/c of my back condition. I swear, he makes an extra attempt to irk me some days, by making a mess as soon as I clean something up!
For example, I'll no sooner get done dusting, and he'll light a cigarette and flick the ashes all over the table: how hard is it to get the ashes in the ashtray where they belong?? Or I'll scrub the toilet, and he'll pee all over the seat. Can't he aim properly??

This morning, while I'm still trying to sleep, he turns on the stereo, and wakes me up. He KNOWS I'm a light sleeper, and he KNOWS I'm usually up till 1 or 2 in the morning. He can sleep through anything, and usually goes to bed by 9 p.m.

The other day on his day off, he's complaining about being "bored".
YOU'RE bored??!!
How would you like to trade positions?! I'M home 24/7 - you don't hear me complaining!
Find something to do if you're so bored!!

Just needed to rant: I feel better now.
I'll get off my soapbox now.

~KK~

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh!!!! I know how you feel!!! I can't stand to clean the house when my SO is home because he'll just lay on the couch and watch tv!!!!

It's always nice to rant on TCS though!!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I try to keep the house as neat & clean as possible, which is difficult b/c of my back condition.
There is "neat and clean" and then there is being obsessive over being neat and clean.

Sounds like the 2 of you need to sit down and have a long serious talk about household responsibility.

Maybe he feels your standards are too high and are over-the-top when it comes to wanting the house to be a certain level of "neat and clean". Perhaps he is comfortable with a lesser degree of "neat and clean" without it becoming a sewer.

Perhaps you need to lower your standards a bit and him raise his a little and meet somewhere in the middle. Assigning household responsibilities is also a good idea. However, it would have to be understood that each person is doing their part according to their standard so no "harping" at each other about the end result would be allowed.

Life is too short to be obsessing and getting upset over this issue.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in the same boat as you. My S/O's explination on it is the fact that he works 40+ hours and I only work 25 so I have more time to keep things tidy than he does. *deep breath* ya I love how that works out.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've finally "trained" Rob to clean up his mess when he pees on the seat or floor! I'd go nuts if he was doing all that other stuff though!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go through the same thing. I'll vacuum and five minutes later he'll drop a big cigarette ash on the floor. I've tried telling him I hate cleaning because the house is back to a pig sty within a day.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

I've finally "trained" Rob to clean up his mess when he pees on the seat or floor! I'd go nuts if he was doing all that other stuff though!
There is a very easy solution. Why is it that a man can not sit on the pot just like a woman to pee? Is that such a big deal? I am a man. I sit to pee so there will never be this problem. Does a man feel it is beneath him to use the toilet in such a manner? Not this man.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

There is a very easy solution. Why is it that a man can not sit on the pot just like a woman to pee? Is that such a big deal? I am a man. I sit to pee so there will never be this problem. Does a man feel it is beneath him to use the toilet in such a manner? Not this man.
Can you tell our men that!

The other day I spent a good hour scrubbing the grill for the toast oven. Two hours later mom came home and heated pizza without a tray.

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

My hubby does this. He is 6'6" so it's a looooooooong way down, and he says that he "got tired of cleaning the mess up" when he lived on his own!
But don't even get me started on what he doesn't help do around the house......

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i feel ya there too, roman does the same stuff. One saturday neither of us had to work, at night i went to pick things up a bit, he had drank an entire 24 pack of pepsi and the cans were all scattered around the couch where he was sitting, ashtray was full and had been spilled at some point and a bottle of ketchup and lunch plate still sitting on the floor at his feet.
my solution was i let everything go after that, i didnt touch anything for about three days, he came home from work and after tripping over his shoes and clothes he left in the bathroom floor on the way to the shower, he volunteered to help clean. And since then he has been helping a little more here and there. But he still dont pick up after himself as much as he should.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh!! You're a GOOD man!
You're wife is very lucky!!

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Aaaaaaah, this is when it pays to be single
Amen!

Well okay, I am not totally single. My young kiddo lives with me, but she is gone most of the day (yay school!). When I was married, it was a constant argument--yes, I sat down with him NUMEROUS times over 6 years, and he never changed. This is my first place of my own because I have always lived with someone, and let me tell ya! It's SO NICE to have a place that STAYS clean for longer than a day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Aaaaaaah, this is when it pays to be single

There are days when I reeeaaally miss being single! Today was one of them!

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

It's always nice to rant on TCS though!!!!
Yeah, it sure does help to get it out!

~KK~

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby is such a slob and our children inherited this wonderful trait from him. I was a "neatnick" but I got so overwhelmed that I told George either he could help me clean or we get a maid. She comes every other week.

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

There is "neat and clean" and then there is being obsessive over being neat and clean.

Sounds like the 2 of you need to sit down and have a long serious talk about household responsibility.

Maybe he feels your standards are too high and are over-the-top when it comes to wanting the house to be a certain level of "neat and clean". Perhaps he is comfortable with a lesser degree of "neat and clean" without it becoming a sewer.

Perhaps you need to lower your standards a bit and him raise his a little and meet somewhere in the middle. Assigning household responsibilities is also a good idea. However, it would have to be understood that each person is doing their part according to their standard so no "harping" at each other about the end result would be allowed.

Life is too short to be obsessing and getting upset over this issue.
AMEN to that!!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my other half really annoy's me when it comes to cleaning up! he doesn't do anything, & as am disabled i can't either, because i can't bend my back, which leaves me pretty much restricted in all household chores!

that means my house is always untidy, unless Dan's parents are coming over, then he gets off his backside & cleans!