Does your cat coo?

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My little feral Gus, is getting to be a real snuggle bug, he likes to snuggle right into my neck, he does these quiet little mews and cooing sounds, he nuzzles and licks my neck and face. I have had snuggly kitties before but I have never had one do this.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, they're usually too busy purring! But oh, it sounds so cute!!

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It makes your heart melt doesn't it?

Jack makes many sounds, I think he just likes hearing himself sometimes!

Leslie

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How sweet. Bella does a really sweet chirp only when she's really happy and snuggly on your lap. I love it.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Flowerbelle coos too! She makes the SWEETEST sounds and is almost constantly purring! However, don't be late with dinner - her deaf kitty lungs can really belt it out as well!

Laurie

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
squishy makes different little noises too, the most sweetest little voice she has is when she wants a snackie!!!!!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

My little feral Gus, is getting to be a real snuggle bug, he likes to snuggle right into my neck, he does these quiet little mews and cooing sounds, he nuzzles and licks my neck and face. I have had snuggly kitties before but I have never had one do this.
hehe, my kitty does this aswel. it's sooo sweet LOL

az<3me

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL ive never heard that cats can coo
please please pleeeeeeease record it! i wanna hear that!
Givi snores while sleeping and makes that "eeeek" sound
purrs too loud
but doesnt coo
OMG please i wanna hear it!

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bentley does that when he is getting attention from me. He is so cute! Whenever he sees me, he makes a little "peep" sound and runs over for some petting. Then whenever I sit down to pet him, he starts cooing and purring REALLY loud. For the longest time I didn't even think he could actually meow, just make the cooing and peeping sounds! He can meow I've found out, but he only actually meows if he is pretty upset.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always wondered what you would call that specific sound - cooing is an accurate description!

Maverick coos all the time - amongst other things! I love it when he does that!

Spencer goes around "chirping" all the time: it's so cute!

~KK~

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pepper makes these high pitch grunting noises ALL the time. Sometimes when you're holding her and she wants down she makes a noise that sounds like "nuh huh!" - like she's telling me no! lol...

rebochan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Carter chirps constantly, hence his nickname of "Chirp". I usually hear him chirping his way into the room

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Skye does this sorta sigh noise when she is really content. But mostly she is a purrer. My SO says that in the mornings when I come home from my morning shift she knows it's me and will start purring before I can even get the front door open. She does the sigh real early in the morning when my first alarm goes off. She'll jump up from wherever she is in the room and stick her little wet nose in the crook of my neck and just rub and get as close to me as she can. She has even been known to use my SO as a brace to push against to get even closer to me. If I roll over away from her she will proceed to stand on the pillow and cry.

coronet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yup, my kitty makes a "cooing" sound like a pigeon every time I pet her. Also, if I call her name she makes the pigeon sound.
It's so cute.

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yes...
Our newest Cricket (and why his name is such) makes the coo'ing/chirping sounds too...love them..Coconut does it on occassion but Cricket is our little love bug..plus he does not run he hops....lol

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not only does dynah coo, but she also sings

She has this strange habit of doing a soft constant coo/murr/mewing sound just as she's falling asleep...I call it singing herself to sleep. I thought it'd go away as she got older, but it's been a number of months now and it's sticking!