My evil roommate!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
has finaly moved out!!! I am sure you guys remember the rama with her having people in my home over thanksgiving week who had stolen from me! Well she has finally moved out! Thank god! I will have my office back, and the toilet seat will not keep getting left up, and I will no longer have to worry about who is in my home. I have learned my lesson and will no longer have anyone in my home. I dont care how desperate they are. I am constantly getting burned trying to help people so from now on I am going to help animals and that is it! People are too ungrateful!!1

Hooray for having my office and home back!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I know how that is when I moved out on my own..I let my friend move in with me(now my SIL) It was awful my clothes were constantly "missing" she took my brand new new balance shoes and wore them to her gym class until she wore them out telling me she didnt know where they were...she finally brings them back two months later and says I borrowed these
So I deffinately know how you feel!!! Congratulations on her moving out and having everything to yourself again!!!

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
congrats on getting your house back for yourself. roommates suck, and their friends are usually worse. i used to live with some friends and there was never any privacy. the worst day, i was getting ready for work, taking my bath and minding my own business. and there is no shower curtain to make things worse. My friend comes in to use the toilet, which is bad enough, but she has to sit there and talk to me. Then in comes her husband who sits on the edge of my bathtub and decides to talk to both of us, soon in comes another friend who stands in the corner to talk because it just cant wait till everyone is done. Next all 5 of her kids decide they have to know what is going on. I am sitting there naked and quite irritated by this point, trying to cover myself with my washcloth and in comes her mother and two brother in laws who stand just inside the door blocking anyone who might wish to excape and a fight breaks out.
My friend still sitting on the toilet and everyone screaming at everyone else i start slinging soapy water everywhere, hell they might as well join me in my bath, so i helped em get wet. My friends mom has the nerve to call ME a rude little ***** and storm out mouthing about if i wanted privacy i should have said so in the first place!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear they're out but I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. I used to rent out a room from nice lady when I was in transition from moving out of my parents to going into the military. I admit, I wasn't a perfectionist like she was with cleaning but she was nice enough to do my laundry from time to time when I was working double shifts with 40+ hours a week. At least I cooked for both of us sometimes and paid the rent on time. I've always enjoyed her conversations and never brought my friends over. It was her house, so I didn't want to disrupt her living space.
How awful of your ex-roommate to treat you like that! Hopefully they learn to be more grateful in the future, I know I was.

Originally Posted by blondrebel76

I am sitting there naked and quite irritated by this point, trying to cover myself with my washcloth and in comes her mother and two brother in laws who stand just inside the door blocking anyone who might wish to excape and a fight breaks out.
Yeah... I would freak out if anyone but my husband comes in the bathroom while I'm in there naked. I'd slap them silly until they got out! And then calling you rude?! The mother should've at least had the manners to shoo everyone out when she noticed them all crowding around the bathroom while you were bathing.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on getting them out!!!

I had this one guy that lived with me where ever I lived, I lived in a efficiency appartment and that when Jake Moved in, Then Chunk moved it, so we had three people living in one room.... that was all it was was a room it had a bathroom and a closet and a mini kitchen! We moved from there to a nice two bedroom home because Im pregnant with our first child!! Chunk moves in the basement, I have the first baby then get pregnant with a second baby who also lived there for a while, then I get pregnant again this is number 3 we're talking about and Chunk is still there, asking me to help him get off drugs!! The floor went bad on the house so they gave us five days to find another one, that night we were moved out due to Barkley MayFlower (my gpa owns it) So Im big as a house and staying with my gramps for a while and this 5bedroom house comes along, absolutly beautiful! So we move in and get all settled, Im still pregnant at this point but you never know!
His screaming while doing things with girls would keep me up all night, he broke stuff all over my new house and it was terrible!! I finally went into labor and my husband was away. When hubby came back he told him to pack his bags and leave!! He had put a huge whole in the wall, screwed up 13 tiles for the ceiling and whrecked my front porch. When he left, he took all of my basement furniture with him, along with a few other things that didn't belong to him! He walked away with my TV, some end tables and a Dresser, and more importantly, the couch that was given to me 7 years prio because I didn't have one!! The cops were called, they asked if I can't be happy just knowing he;s gone, I said yes!!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! That's got to be one big sigh of relief! I remember the story you told about her and her friends.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

roommates suck
Oh yes they do!!

I tried the room-mate bit twice... never again!

The first time was in the early 1980's. I was looking for a place and a girl I went to high school with suggested that I move in with her and her sister so that we could all save on rent.

They had a large 2 bedroom apartment in a highrise building. We talked about it and agreed that her sister would move into the smaller of the 2 bedrooms and my friend and I would share the larger one.

My name was added to the lease and I moved my things in. However, a month goes by and I'm still sleeping on the couch waiting for them to move bedrooms around. Two months go by and I'm still on the couch

In the meantime everyone and their mother had keys to the place!
Their' boyfriends, all of their sibblings (7 of them), their parents, a few of their friends... there were people coming and going like it was grand central station! Not to mention that her sister's boyfriend practically lived there and didn't contribute anything towards the rent or bills, and he was always in the fridge stuffing his face. Ironically enough I was usually the only one who had food in the fridge or cupboards because the other 2 prefered to eat out or order in. So the food he was snarfing down was MINE!

I think I had my name removed from the lease before the 3rd month came up. The agency initially refused, but I told them that the lease was in existence before I signed on. They tried to tell me they would sue me for breaking the contract. I told them to go right ahead and that if I had to I would quit my job and go on welfare. They removed my name off of the lease.

The second time I tried the room-mate situation was back in the mid 1980's. A girl I knew owned a house and she was struggling to make the payments and kept bugging me about moving in and sharing expenses. Finally I agreed because I really didn't care for the building I was living in (noisey and not very well kept).

The day I was moving (Friday evening of a long weekend), I get a call from her telling me that the gas had been shut off because she didn't pay the bill.
It was the dead of winter here.... think -40 Celcius & Farenheit! It was too late for me to change my mind about moving because I had given notice and my apartment was already rented.

I took my stuff there and it was FREEZING! She had a nice toasty waterbed and I was in a room at the front of the house that was poorly insulated, sleeping on a pull out bed or sorts! I was freezing my butt off. Sunday I barged into her room and told her to move over because I wasn't going to freeze my butt off for 2 more days!

On Tuesday I took the money I was going to pay her and went down and paid a portion of the gas bill in order to get them to turn on the gas. They wanted more than that amount: they wanted at least 1/2 of the balance owing. I think I paid them $400.00 before they turned on the gas.

A week or two after that I got the mail and saw that there was a disconnection notice for the electricity!
The bill was in her name but I opened it anyway. There was $500.00 owing for electricity. I called the Hydro company and made arrangements to go and pay a portion of the bill and make payment arrangements to pay the balance owing.

A week or two later I forget what I was looking for, but I found a disconnection notice for the water! The disconnect date was that day! I called the water company and explained the situation. I went down and paid them $200 or $300 of a $500 water bill!

Now what was she doing with all of her money? Night clubs of course! And eating out! Oh yeah! And renting cheap cars because she didn't like taking the bus!

For the next 3 or 4 months I was taking the money that I was to pay her for my share of the "rent" and putting it towards the utilities that were still owing so that they didn't get cut off again.

There was a washer in the house, but no drier, so her answer to drying her jeans was to put them in the bathroom over a towel rack and close the door and crank up the gas heat so that her clothing would dry!

She was getting angry with me for putting the money I was to give her towards the past utilities. She even went so far as to tell me that she's sick of not having any money and that she doesn't appreciate me taking it upon myself to give what I am supposed to give her, directly to the utility companies

At one point she asked me if I would mind if one of her friends moved in for awhile. I told her that I didn't like the idea because I didn't know her and the house was really, really small (about 700 square feet, no basement). I came home from work a couple of days later to find some strange girl sleeping on MY couch! Apparently she moved in!

Gerry would buy food occasionally, but not often. I tend to shop weekly and always had food in the house preferring to have meals at home. This girl was snarfing down my share of the groceries, and if that wasn't bad enough so was her boyfriend who as practically living there too!

I think I lived there 6 months and then moved out. I ended up paying almost $2,000.00 over and above what I was initially to be paying her for monthly rent/utilities, because I was bailing her out of disconnection notices and past due utilities.

That was the last room-mate I ever had. As bad as my finances are right now and I could really benefit from reducing my rental costs, there is no way in heck that I will take in another room-mate. It's only asking for trouble!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've actually had fabulous luck with all (6!) of my roommates in the past 6 years... only one did I hate... and she moved out without me telling her to. Heehee.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brings to mind my first year in grad school. I lived in the upperclassmen and graduate students dorm. I had a triple in a beautiful new dorm with its own bathroom.
First day, the grad student in the single announced she was living with her boyfriend and locked her door so we couldn't get into her room.
My roommate was a junior undergrad. She wanted to be in theater but she never made it to auditions because she was "too scared." Hmm...
She talked to herself all the time even if I was in the room. One day, I came back and one of my drawers was open. I looked and I was one pair of panty hose short. I asked her and she told me that she needed a pair. Would have given her one if she had asked me. I complained to the RA who talked to her.
She told the RA that I cleaned the toilet with her sponge (for dishes, I had one too). I was incredulous because I bought a toilet cleaning brush and cleaned the toilet all the time and she didn't.
She finally moved out (I was the grad student) and I got a new roommate who was a grad student in nuclear physics. She was so nice that I roomed with her again for my last year. After she graduated, she got a job making bombs for Lawrence Livermore Labs. She really was nice and the FBI came to me when she started working there to check her out.
I realize that I have never lived alone. After grad school, I went to a job where they wanted to train us in a new consulting division and I had a suite mate. After that was over, I moved in with my future husband. I consider myself lucky for only having one roommate from

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My last roommate skipped town with some idiot she met online. Went to live with him across the country (originally supposed to be a 2 week trip--she called to say she wasn't coming back!). She stuck me with a lease I couldn't afford, her advice was to move in with the guy I just started dating (yeah, that wouldn't have freaked him out at all). I had to clean out her nasty bedroom. (think nasty wadded up tissues with who knows what on them) The LL charged up the wazoo because I couldn't find anyplace or had any way to get rid of her furniture. The LL had to dispose of it. I was just lucky the LL let me move to a smaller more affordable apartment in the complex. To top it all off, before she moved her dirtball boyfriend (he never paid rent, totally scammed off of her) ate my food, and they would replace it with generics! I had name brand that they ate! She also left dirty dishes in the sink, ruined one of my pans by leaving rice in water in it without telling me. I found it by the smell.
And she cleaned 2x a year and called that good.

Never again is what I say to roommates.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

...My friends mom has the nerve to call ME a rude little ***** and storm out mouthing about if i wanted privacy i should have said so in the first place!
Good lord! What kind of people ARE they, anyway? When someone goes into the bathroom, it is to be ASSUMED that they want PRIVACY! Sheesh!

As one of my father's old Army buddies used to say, "Some people just ain't wrapped too tight."

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hooray to you for no longer having to put up with your roommate!!

I'll never forget how happy we were when our roommate had finally moved out. He was a terrible slob who hogged the living room and then put us in a bind by telling us he was going to move out a year before he planned to. Then we couldn't get rid of him and he wanted to live for free while he was "moving his stuff" which really translated to him sitting on the couch playing X-Box for weeks on end
Finally Jon and I told him either pay up or get the #$*^ out. The next day him and all his stuff were gone. Things have been great since -- and it sure is nice to have use of the living room once again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I swear she was keeping me prisoner in my own home. At least that is how I felt! I have already changed the locks. Did the night she left! I am so glad she is gone! I can not imagine someone being gracious enough to let me live with them, and thinking it was okay to completely use and disrespect them!!! At least I know I am not the only one who has had such horrific experiences with room mates! I am glad now it is me, kitty, and DH. And the next room mate I have will be my own children never again will I do that. . . ever!

Almost roommates Alycia!!!!!! Still not too far away! At least now you can keep Jake!!!!