care for cats while on trip

cbakerazle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
We are thinking of going on a 4 day trip. We have two cats (6 mths old). We've only had them 3 months but they rule this house.

I don't know what to do with the cats that won't make them afraid. What kind of businesses board cats? How do they take care of cats? I'd be afraid that a place might keep them locked in cages. What do you all do in this situation?

I'm also afraid that if they get stress they may act crazy or mad when we would bring them back home. Like not using the litter box correctly

Thanks in advance for advice, Carol

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from England but currently live in Yorktown V
We left Mellow for 3 days after just 2 months of having him, we had a friend come around and play and feed him.

My parents always take their cat to a local cattery, the cats are all given an indoor shelter and access to an outside run that gets shut off at night. he is always very happy to see my parents and spends a day meowing around the house, but he is always fine.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anyway you could hire a pet sitter to come into your house and take care of them when you are gone?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Is there anyway you could hire a pet sitter to come into your house and take care of them when you are gone?
That's what I was thinking. If you google it, I'm sure you'll find lots of very qualified pet sitters in your area