Yosemite Chicken - It's what's for dinner!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
AKA Mika's Cheesy chicken breasts. I may get creative and add some chopped spinach to the recipe.

What are you having?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
most likely French Bread pizzas
less clean-up than the other option of pierogies

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

AKA Mika's Cheesy chicken breasts. I may get creative and add some chopped spinach to the recipe.

What are you having?
Oooh that sounds good. Kinda like Artichoke and Spinach dip. Let us know how it turns out.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few steaks in the freezer so I might make them for us with baked potatoes & veggies, maybe garlic bread too. If I feel lazy, it'll be pizza

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade pepperoni pizza on a whole wheat crust .. I loveee homemade pizza .. Especially when cooked on a pizza stone!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

What are you having?
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Oooh that sounds good. Kinda like Artichoke and Spinach dip. Let us know how it turns out.
MMMMMMMMMM...it DOES sound good! Yosemite Chicken is not tonight, but definitely in the near future. I'll be interested to hear the results too.

As for us, I've had a major yen for scalloped potatoes for days, and barring the unforeseen I'm going to give in to it tonight. Good thing there's ham to have with them.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll probably just make egg salad. Nice and easy; I'm not really in the mood for cooking tonight!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is this Yosemite Chicken you speak of, Karen? I have chicken breasts thawing, and need some ideas!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's a recipe that Linda (Yosemite) has posted and also contributied to the Cooking with Cattitude cookbook. I've PM'd you the recipe.

Well ladies, It's in the oven and I have added a little spinach, broccoli and garlic to the regular recipe along with the sundried tomatoes.
It smells good.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yummmmm ... that sounds divine!

Tonight, we are just noshing out of a large pot of homemade Pasta Fazool and homemade herbed-cheese bread with white cheddar cheese melted on it. If I feel industrious, I might make a salad to go with. I love my bread maker. It really is the one kitchen appliance I won't be without.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a baked potato and a hamburger on a plate in the refrigerator that I might eat later... I'm still afraid to eat too much though after John being sick on Saturday.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks like I am now having Yosemite Chicken for dinner! Thanks Karen!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't even thought about dinner yet. We just got back in town, so there's nothing in the house. I'll have to stop at the store on the way home. It'll probably be something quick.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm at work, so I had a Lean Cuisine mushroom pizza.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the boys had pinto beans cornbread and fried potatoes I had a fresh green salad with rasberry/walnut dressing an orange and some strawberry/banana yogurt!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! That Yosemite Chicken is SO good! Even my picky son loved it! This recipe is definitely a keeper! I added crushed garlic to the mixture as I am addicted to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Looks like I am now having Yosemite Chicken for dinner! Thanks Karen!
Thank Linda for sharing the recipe with us all.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, I love sharing good things with my friends and glad you enjoyed it. It sure makes for one tasty dinner.

Another thing I do sometimes if I'm in a hurry and don't have the artichokes on hand (which isn't often considering I LOVE artichokes), I crush Lay's regular potato chips, coat the chicken pieces (thighs and breasts), place in an ovenproof dish, pat the remaining potato chips over the top and bake. Very simple and yet tasty. Most kids will love this version (I made it at the cottage this summer and my hubby's boss' wife called last week for the recipe).