Are they OK for him to eat?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So not only is Jordan eating more cat food, he has decided that he LOVES Honey Nut Cherrios.
The other cats will eat maybe 1, but Jordan ate like 10 Cherrios the other night. I think it's cute, but given his existing health problems, I'm wondering if it is OK to give him this treat or if I should stick to stricktly kitty food/treats.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure the odd one every now and then will do no harm, but apart from that keep him to his usual kitty treats

Hope that helps..

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sharkys the food person!! Maybe you could ask Sharky!

I wouldn't know what in honey nut cherios could be bad, so Ill leave the advice for someone who knows what the heck they're talking about!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would be concerned about how many calories and the SUGAR ... One I suppose wouldnt be a harm but 10 is alot for kitty IMHO... This is definately a vet question

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I would be concerned about how many calories and the SUGAR ... One I suppose wouldnt be a harm but 10 is alot for kitty IMHO... This is definately a vet question
Yeah I thought I gave him too many the other night. I won't be doing that again. I'm just so happy that he's doing well I guess sometimes I don't think before I feed him.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats and dog like cheerios - its oats, so its not harmful. Maybe a bit high on sugar, but as an occasional treat that's fine. Charlie prefers his cheerio with a little milk on it

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bijou likes my sugar frosted flakes with milk but then he doesn't have any health issues so I let him have a taste. If he had health issues I probably wouldn't let him have any.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't eat them all that often so it's not like he's eating them every day. The only postive thing would be that the extra fiber is probably good for his constipation. I guess the extra sugar is probably not good considering he's on Pred. So basicly as a treat a couple would be OK.