she is wrecking my house

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was sitting here doing some posting before bed. I havent been in here more than 30 minutes and i heard the neighbors dogs barking so i went to investigate, i didnt make it outside even. I walked into the living room and it looks like a tornado hit in there. Dixie was standing with her front paws ontop of callie who was chewing on dixie's leg. Dixie had dragged out my favorite shoes and chewed on the right one, the left one is now MIA. The couch pillows were in the middle of the floor. The entry rug was all wadded up in the corner. A pair of socks was scattered in the floor, dog toys everywhere. My floor lamp was leaned over. My bf's ashtray spilled in the floor, The garbage can in the kitchen was turned over and she had stolen a styrophome cup chewed holes in the top ring of it and left it in the kitchen doorway. Poor little Boo was hiding behind the couch looking around the corner like she really needed an excape route. And her leash was pulled off the hook and laying in front of the tv with her "squeeker" toy. If she didnt have those sad lil puppy eyes, and if i didnt lover her oh so much i would probably be ready to do something drastic. Oh who am i kidding, i cant resist that little face!
But still! I have seen kids make less mess when left alone in a room! argggggggggggggggg

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh you havn't seen my kids then!! My kids trash the place beyong belief, get into everything no matter how hidden, find mommies hidden candy *ERG*
They make quite the mess!!

It sounds like you have your hands full! I have always said pets are just like kids! They get into everything and the second they give you the look you just cant punish them!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She usually doesnt act quite that insane. Its supposed to thurnderstorm today and i have noticed the cats act out before it storms, maybe thats her deal, or maybe she just felt good and wanted to play. Either way her look just got me, i couldnt help but clean up the mess and play a game of fetch before bed.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like its time for the CRATE - if you can't watch her, then crate her with a few toys so you don't have to clean up another disaster.

How old is the pup and what kind?

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she is a 6 month old mini aussie. and usually she dont act quite that bad, unless my sisters dog is here then they romp and play.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is approaching adolescence and so may well start to play up a bit (or a lot) before she settles down again. That breed (as you will know) requires a lot of exercise, but it can be hard to get the right balance when they're pups, as you don't want to damage their joints or growth. She looks like a border collie - is she a cross? She's gorgeous, anyway - if that's her in your sig.

The good news is it gets better! It will get worse before it does, but like any teenager she'll be pushing her boundaries. Now is the time to start reinforcing all of her commands and obedience. You might feel like you're not getting anywhere but trust me, when she is over her adolescence she will turn into this amazing obedient dog and all of your work will pay off!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aussies are hearding dogs, and therefore are bred to have a lot of energy. They are also (generally) smart and need lots of stimulation. If they are not given something to do, they'll find something--usually something you don't want! This is a working breed; she needs a job.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

She is approaching adolescence and so may well start to play up a bit (or a lot) before she settles down again. That breed (as you will know) requires a lot of exercise, but it can be hard to get the right balance when they're pups, as you don't want to damage their joints or growth. She looks like a border collie - is she a cross? She's gorgeous, anyway - if that's her in your sig.

The good news is it gets better! It will get worse before it does, but like any teenager she'll be pushing her boundaries. Now is the time to start reinforcing all of her commands and obedience. You might feel like you're not getting anywhere but trust me, when she is over her adolescence she will turn into this amazing obedient dog and all of your work will pay off!
no, she isnt a mix, she is registered with ASDR and NSDR as a full blood mini aussie. I have had several people ask if she is a mix. Maybe she will grow into her looks?? Either way i love her and that what matters. She is very smart and we are working on her basic obediance daily. She learns quick, she just has boundless amounts of energy most of the time, which i dont mind, but going from these mild mannered cats inside to her is a major change. Luckely she has made best friends with callie and they spend large amounts of their energy on each other. omg as i am typing this she finally started doing what i have tried since i got her to get her to do! My nephew knocked at the door and she finaly got the hint to bark when someone is at the door! I have been trying to get her to allert at the door bc my bf is a little hard of hearing and it would be a big help to him if she would let him know there was someone there!