has anyone else done this?

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you love your animals when you get offended when the clerk at the grocery store bags your cleaning supplies with your dog/cat food and you ask if the cleaning supplies can be kept separate from their food...I was
when she kept adding cleaning supplies in with their food...what if it spilled on it and I didnt notice all my babies would be sick...then she makes the comment its just an animal you can always get another one
I took over bagging after that

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought those weren't supposed to be put in with any sort of food item at all?
I would have said something or pointedly walked over and rebagged it myself.

Lately, because I'm usually wanting to get out of the store already, I hop right over and start bagging stuff myself.
No ripped open or crushed items that way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes I believe from now on I will use the self checkouts at the store...much easier and things get bagged the way I want it bagged

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ There are no self checkout stores around here, just slow or understaffed stores.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always hear 'Boy, you sure have some spoiled kitties, don't ya'? And of course I have to tell them yes....and I do try to take care of them!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shop for my kitty food at Petsmart and my food at our local grocer. I am so spoiled because our market always puts cleaning stuff in different bags.
I probably would have a lot of expletives deleted for that clerk.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

then she makes the comment its just an animal you can always get another one
I took over bagging after that
You shouldn't have to take over your own bagging!

Also, I would complain to the management about what she said. It was completely insensitive.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have that problem as I buy those supplies at separate stores, but it would peeve me off too! I have had that kind of stuff mixed with PEOPLE food occasionally though!

I recently went to certain semi-annual sale and bought A LOT. The lady crammed it all in their smallest bag and didn't even bother double bagging it. They were double bagging the lady in the line next to me with LARGE bags! Needless to say the bag broke between carrying it from my car to my apartment...

I used to be a grocery bagger and prefer to bag my own!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would complain to their manager so hopefully that'll teach them a lesson about proper handling of groceries. Pets are living things and can be just as effected, if not more, by cleaning products as humans can be. They're like kids, small doses can hurt them a lot. I'll bet you that if your pets got sick, she wouldn't be offering to help pay for the bill.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would have poured the bottle of cleaner down her throat, but I have anger management issues! I would have flipped out. . . And probably been kicked out of the store. . .

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I worked in a grocery store, our training video told us to always keep cleaners / non-foods separate from human/animal foods. I would be completely livid if someone said that to me!
We buy our cat food from Petsmart, so no worries about cleaners being put in the same bag..

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I cant believe she actually said that to you!!
I would of yanked the bags out of her hand....

Kinda along the same lines, but something funny that happened to me once, when I was at Wal-Mart....the clerk was ringing up my cat food, and she looked at me and said " you must have some cats" !
Umm, noooo actually I just like to eat cat food every now and then!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely buy cleaning products at the grocerers...I find I can get them cheaper someplace else so usually the only thing I'll get is the paper towels.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't seem like it would have been hard to just put them in a seperate bag! What would be the big deal?!
After all, you are the customer!

hollow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I watch when they do mine. They hate seeing me coming.
Cat food seperate
cold stuff seperate
everything seperated!!

and don't cramm 25 cans in one sack.!!!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just dumbstruck by what that woman said! The response that comes to my mind is, "I sure hope you don't have any pets. EVER."

Not as strong as I'd like, but at least they couldn't arrest me for it.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

then she makes the comment its just an animal you can always get another one
Unbelieveable. No matter what her personal feelings about animals, in customer service she should know better.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is why I always buy our food at our vets
TOP quality food kept as far away from anything else as possible. And yes, my girls are spoiled too!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't buy catfood at the grocery store but I just bag my own because they do dumb stuff like put cans on top of bread. I even tried putting it on the belt in order that it should be packed but they reach over and pick random stuff up.