Eating and bleeding poo

forreal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat under one year, and she eats a lot, drinks a lot and after she poos she lickes herself and that is when she poos blood, any ideas.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your kitty needs to see a vet. There are so many things that can cause bloody poop or cat to bleed there. It may be her anal sacs are infected, it may be due to Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD) and food sensitivities. It may be due to an internal infection. The only one who can determine what the problem is is a vet, and the solution for each one is completely different, and a vet would know what to do.

Laurie

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet! Vet!!Vet!!Vet!!!

Anytime they're bleeding from there they should see a vet! Do you happen to have one nearby?? (or a cheap one for that matter.... Holy cow do they cost)

Good luck and good that kitty is okay!!! Nothing is harder than having a sick kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

forreal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by MarySmith

What are you feeding her?
IAMs Multi cat, she won't eat kitten food

forreal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I called the vet, and was told to keep an eye on her, it only happened this morning, nothing since then

forreal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, but I think I might, it doesn't hurt right!

forreal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You are right, it could be anything, I will do what the vet said and see what happens. She seems to be running around, eating, drinking lots, sleeping good, wet nose, and her butt looks clean, no sign of blood. I am thinking she ate a shell from the sunflower seed and it came out and cut her. I am also thinking because of how much she eats, it could also be worms.

jeep_kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hav you noticed a really strong odor with her poo? That can be an indication of worms