Good Grief...does anyone else do this?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in the grocery store tonight, picking up a few items and saw a nice soft blanket. I thought to myself that "Lexi would like this."

I am single and have no children so Lexi is like my child. I spoil her to death and am finding that everywhere I go I see something I know she would like. Doesn't matter what store. I always seem to find something. Does anyone else do this?

That's how you know your cat lives better than you do!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am also really bad for that, today I went shopping after work and when I went to check out I had more things for the cats then I did for myself.

I am single with no children as well and often refer to the cats as my 3 kids.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do!
Any and every store I go into, I always spy some little goodie. My daughter's has asked me several times; "what about me, Mom"
You always find the kitties cute stuff!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I do things like that then they all ignore it or avoid it.
And then play for days in a gift bag.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am always buying one of my babies something...The dogs just got an 80 dollar bed that my kitties use more then they do...the cats got a cat tree for christmas as well as many cat nip toys...DH says I am no longer allowed to go shopping by myself

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure. With three kinds of animals (dog, cat, rat) in the house, I always come home with SOMETHING.

Tonight... baby food for the ratties!

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm guilty too
There's just always something so cute..if I say she doesn't need it, my kids want her to have it anyway. They are worse than I am!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, did you buy the blanket? hehe

I'm always thinking of my kitties when I'm out. I sometimes wish I could take them with me when I go out places.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always thinking "Sho would love this" whenever I find a really soft blanket in a store.
I usually check the cat toy section of whatever store I'm in, occasionally there'll be something different in stock.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am always buying the kitties something. When my kids were growing up I resisted the urge because I didn't want them to end up spoiled. Now I'm making up for it with the cats.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, i bought the cats toys and a cat bed from australia while i went back for holidays and brought it here to Germany!

Yesterday they got new toys, treats and a leash

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

So, did you buy the blanket? hehe
No!!!
I have so many blankets it's not even funny. Besides, the one she really likes is the ultimate plush blanket by chris madden from JcPenny.

Now tell me she isn't spoiled? Everything I buy, I take her into consideration. Will have to do that even more once I get a bengal.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always finding something to spoil the kittens with. They are our children - neither of us want "skin-kids". So we are always trying to spoil our babies just like some people spoil their kids.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. Scott and I refer to them as our children. They have EVERYTHING!

My grandma gives me blankets for them every time I see her....so I haven't even looked. They have PLENTY. They love them too.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I was in the grocery store tonight, picking up a few items and saw a nice soft blanket. I thought to myself that "Lexi would like this."
I spoil her to death and am finding that everywhere I go I see something I know she would like. Doesn't matter what store. I always seem to find something. Does anyone else do this?

That's how you know your cat lives better than you do!
Seeing as most of my animals food is bought at the grocery store, yes! I am always finding things while out and about they would like or need.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few nights ago when I was at my sister's house, my brother-in-law came home with a huge cat tree. I asked him where he got it from and he said "Costco, only $24! you should go get one before they're sold out!"
So what did i do? Took my nephew to Costco with me to get a kitty tree for the furries
but hey- i wasn't going to pass up that awesome deal!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spyral

There are cat toys all over the damned place..lol
at least you only have cat toys...I counted after I read this thread and I have 55 dog toys 64 cat toys 32 bird toys and Im getting a guinea pig in the next few weeks and my mom took me out today and bought me a cage, food, litter, food bowl, water bowl and 3 toys for him as well as 1 toy for each animal so now its 58 dog toys 68 cat toys 33 bird toys LOL
They have more then I do!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All the time, infact i was looking at a fake fur blanket on saturday that goes at the bottom of the bed, and i thought not only would it look nice but the kids would love it when we go to bed