An Outrageous Act Of Cruelty

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Warning, the content of this article is a very disturbing account of a cat's death. Continue at your own risk.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...6-6d9adfe1737b

Whatever else you do, please don't call these brat creatures animals....that would be the greatest insult to all animals.

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Obviously they have allowed demons to control their minds, otherwise they wouldn't have done such a horrific thing.

absolutely disgusting. I wish I hadn't read it, it has made my stomach burn, and made my heart sick.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just horrible. Those boys need serious psychological treatment. How could anyone do anything so horrific and heinous? I hope they all get the maximum punishment.

That poor thing.

Tricia

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
................momentarily beyond comment
..... boys in my high school used to joke about that and also kittens and garbage disposals
In fact, when one of the boys in my school killed the neighbor's tomcat, he & his brother used acid to make the cat skeleton & got extra credit in biology; karma did catch up with him though, he burned to death in a military helicopter crash, altho everyone else in the crash escaped with moderate injuries. OMG, that poor, poor cat & the grieving family..Godspeed over RB, dear kitty.
Such cruelty is on par with burning women & children to death in a church in Kenya

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The really sad part is that the way the criminal justice system is today, they wont get more than a few years in a juvinile facility if that. That means the 15 year olds might do 3 years. Then they will be back on the streets again, and most states can not inforce mental health treatment so chances are they wont recieve that either. I fear these kids may be headed down a very serious and long road, if they are willing to do that to an animal, whos to know what they could do to anything or anyone else?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Liek blonderebel said, because of their age they won't face much

That is just sickening and not the first case of major animal abuse in the news for that city in the past few months either

What is with people to even think about doing something like that? They supposedly are friends of the family's daughter too?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three years in an institution are nothing to sneeze at. Being in one of those places is torture.

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sadly, if the kids DO this NOW - what about later? This is basically a cry that these boys / kids are sickos NOW and desperately need attention/help/treatment.

what about the GFs, Wives, children and other people they may kill, maim, beat or torture to death in later years? Because that's the road they are headed down... serial killers start out this way folks, as do serial rapists who then go on to murder.

Thugs and gangstas do this sort of thing - it is a very sad
commentary on the type of children that have been brougth into the world, on where they live, and what they've been exposed to by their elders and betters...

They have lost (or never had) the basically "normal" human ability to
have compassion. Research shows that drug abuse by moms while
pregnant, abuse in the home, (beatings etc), emotional neglect and
trauma (sexual abuse) can all lead to these types of behaviors
in children. Such "children" -- with profoundly disturbed minds as
they possess, go onto bigger prey when they get bigger and
stronger themselves...

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really do not understand how can someone do something so cruel without having hard feelings about it and somehow enjoy it, children can be very cruel with animals if they are not educated. I live in a rural area in greece and i've heard of children doing nasty things to dogs/cats. The only fault is the lack of education. If someone do not like animals I respect that, they can just ignore them but it is a different story to torture them.
I wish this people really get what they deserve, like the guy that burned in the helicopter crash...
Ronit

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It can't be just abuse. I and many people I know have been abused as children, and I and the majority of them are quite tender-hearted... maybe more so, because they know how horrible it is to be helpless. I mean, yeah, you've got a larger chance of being an abuser if you are abused yourself; but it's still a minority--most people don't.

It isn't a lack of empathy, either. I am told that "empathy" means that if someone else is feeling something, you automatically feel it too. But I've never done that; my emotions are my own, uninfluenced by how others feel. It's probably because I'm autistic... which gives me, I guess, a more distanced but more highly thought out view of others; and possibly a more logical type of compassion. Still, it proves that a lack of empathy doesn't mean you'll hurt others. It could actually mean the opposite... overcompensating, having a huge amount of compassion (that is, a mental wish to have others be happy) to make up for it.

There's really only one true explanation... Everyone in the world has good impulses and bad impulses; and if you give in to bad impulses, it gets easier and easier. These kids made choices--repeated, small choices--and eventually it got bad enough that their consciences didn't stop them from doing something like this. Good parenting can help you make the right choices; but if you don't want to, no amount of help will change that. Even the youngest of them, at 13, is old enough to understand right and wrong; and he chose wrong.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What a heartbreaking story. Those boys deserve the old "EYE FOR AN EYE" treatment. I dont care how old they are. They knew better! Unless they were homeless from the moment they were born, or had phycopathic parents, they knew better. I WONT even give them the benifit of the doubt of having a mental disorder. They're just sicko's!

And as for Juvi prison being hard time. You're wrong. I went there for running away to many times when I was a kid. We had cable tv, internet, great food, cozy beds and blankets, everything a teenager could want. It wasn't bad at all! It was better than being at home...

The 12 y/o will pretty much get off completely with maybe counsiling and probation. The other 3 will get a little bit more, but not much. Those charges dont even amount to 2 years in juvi! So you think they will get 2 years, that means they'll get out in 6 months! You only have to serve a fourth of your time to quilify for parole!

This is a sad story, and unfortunatly no matter what, there is no happy ending. Those people will never have their baby back, and nothing now can change the way he left the world!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it depends on which one you land in. The descriptions I've read have ranged from "tough boarding school" to "chaos and anarchy". Some kids end up in private places, where they can be literally tortured (some have died, and what's sad is these kids are the kind who just got caught with a joint and were given a "lighter" sentence at the reform school)... They don't do anything to rehabilitate them either way, too tough or not tough enough.

Poor little torbie kitty... I wish we knew her name.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There appears to be updates......

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...ca13a5&k=67353

Presumably, the quotes from the mother of the one teen boy would be accurate. My god, how disconnected from reality can a parent be? Those comments, in light of the (alleged) acts, should be a wake-up call for all of us with children.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dunno. Peer pressure can be pretty awful, and if you don't know who you are, then it's likely enough that you might stand by and let someone kill a cat--her story's plausible, but it's just as likely that she's covering for her kid. They'll get him for breaking and entering, anyway. That is, if they don't get a mistrial because somebody put their names up on the web. (How stupid can you get? Any lawyer would jump on that...)

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hell would have to freeze over to convince me that therapy would help people like these lot, infact their not worthy of it

Their seats in hell already have their names on them

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must admit, I didnt get through the whole article!!
I got as far as the "microwave"......couldnt go any farther!