Introducing new kitties!

kittycoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!
I have just stumbled upon your site and thought I'd say hello and show you my little kitties ( if I can manage to post photos)
_
I am from Victoria Australia.
I lost my cat Sweetie early last year to cancer and have been pining for a new cat for some time. My 8 year old son was especially heartbroken.

All my previous cats have been adult strays so I really wanted a kitten so my son could experience the "full on" playfulness of a young kitty and hopefully have a lot more years with the cat. I kept searching the animal shelters for kittens but had to wait until the "season" started.
Then out of the blue a friend told me her cat had just had four kittens!
She asked if I was still looking for a kitten. Firstly I am annoyed that she never had her cat de-sexed as there are too many unwanted cats in the world, but, I was pleased that there would a kitten available.
I asked my friend to describe the kittens to me over the phone. She said that there was one "ugly" one (as if a kitten or any animal can be ugly!
) I told her that I would probably end up choosing the "ugly" one.........

So I went down to her house to meet the kittens and to choose which kitty I was going to adopt. It would be a surprise Xmas present for my son.
I wanted to choose the kitten who was most friendly and who first came over to me.
Guess who was the first to come over and play with my big toe?.....yep the "ugly" kitten. A little tortoiseshell. I chose her straight away and fell in love with her. Then one of her brothers came over and played with me.
I decided to take him too. So instead of one kitty I had two!!!!

I had to wait a few weeks until I brought them home as they were still too young to leave their mother. Keeping my exciting secret from my son was unbearable.
But when the day came to collect them and I surprised my son with a big box with a blue ribbon.....I could hardly contain myself.
My son was so happy to have not one but two kittens.

The kittens adore my son and love my dog Beau.
They play all day, make us laugh and have really added an extra something to our lives.
The house just didn't feel like a home when we didn't have a cat around any more.
They come along for rides in the car and don't mind one bit.
They are inside cats as we have a 24 hour curfew here to protect wildlife and also the cats. Sweetie was an indoor cat and didn't mind being inside.
Eventually I will make an outside cat enclosure for the kittens so they can explore.

The kittens names are "Miette" - Tortoiseshell girl and "Samson" - the boy.
Miette is so sweet whereas Samson is a little rascal and a bit of a Houdini.
We love them so very much .
Anyway sorry for the long ramblings .
Here are some recent photos of our babies.

KittyCoo xx

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to tcs. I'm from NSW. I can't see your pic. Where did you post it? Can't wait to see them. How old are they?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, thanks for "quick" reply.
I had accidently posted my thread without actually finishing it so it probably came up without the photos.......try again you might see them now.

Hope it turned out.
KittyCooxx

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, and Welcome to TCS!! The people on here are friendly and full of good advice!! I know that you will enjoy your time here!!
Your new babies are beautiful!! Anyone who could say that a Tortie is "ugly" just never gave them a chance!! They have SO much personality!! My mother has a long hair muted tortie and SHE rules the house!
I would dare someone to tell Callie that she is ugly to her face--and live to tell the tale!
Anyways I am rambling, so welcome to the site!!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, now I can see them. I love the one in the Christmas tree. They are very cute, I bet your son is over the moon. How are they going. We've had Blossom since she was 3 weeks old & being an only kitty, she was wild & was always attacking us. Thank goodness she's improved.

kittycoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by badninjakitties

Hi, and Welcome to TCS!! The people on here are friendly and full of good advice!! I know that you will enjoy your time here!!
Your new babies are beautiful!! Anyone who could say that a Tortie is "ugly" just never gave them a chance!! They have SO much personality!! My mother has a long hair muted tortie and SHE rules the house!
I would dare someone to tell Callie that she is ugly to her face--and live to tell the tale!
Anyways I am rambling, so welcome to the site!!
Thanks!

Miette's colours hadn't come out as much as they have now when she was first born, I bet my "friend" would be surprised to see her now.
I think Miette is interesting......like a work of art that is not quite finished.

I love seeing the change in her coat from week to week. She has the most wonderful personality.
From the little picture on your signature , my Samson looks a little like one of your cats, the black one with the white "bib". I call the white, Samson's bow tie. He also has some white on his belly as does Miette......I call it their "aprons"

I am going to be a little indulgent here and post some more pics.
One is Miette's changing colours, another with my dog Beau on the bed and one with Samson and his best friend......my mum's dog Lucky ( white one).

Anyway, thanks for the welcome.......I look forward to meeting all your kitties.

KittyCoo xx

kittycoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kalikat

Thanks, now I can see them. I love the one in the Christmas tree. They are very cute, I bet your son is over the moon. How are they going. We've had Blossom since she was 3 weeks old & being an only kitty, she was wild & was always attacking us. Thank goodness she's improved.
Your "Blossom" is gorgeous.
How did you end up with such a young kitty? Glad she has calmed down now.
How old is she now?
I adopted an adult cat Felix, many years ago, or should I say he adopted me, and he would always suckle on my shirt sleeves and make them wet!!!
It was because he was taken from his mother too early. He was about two when I took him in and it was about a year before he would stop suckling.
Did you have the same problem with Blossom?

Thankfully Miette and Samson don't seem to have any behavioural problems apart from the usual kitten traits. They came to me completely toilet trained at 8 weeks old, groomed each other and themselves and ate well.

I have another picture of Miette fast asleep in the Christmas tree.
I couldn't find her in the house anywhere and started to panic . Then after about twenty minutes of turning the house upside down, my son spotted her asleep on a branch of the Xmas tree a third of the way up the tree.
I don't know what the kittens will think when I take down the tree, it's been up ever since I brought them home. They think it is their playground

KittyCoo xx

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!!! Your new kids are adorable! Looking forward to many many more pics as they grow up!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aren't they tooooo precious?!
Thank you for sharing and welcome!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS. So glad you've joined us!

We love hearing about each other's kitties. You have a beautiful fur family.

As you learn your way around the site, if you need help, please feel free to contact me.
Simply click on my user name and send a private message. I will get back to you asap.

kittycoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww shucks! Thanks everyone for being so kind and welcoming

Looking forward to hearing all your kitty stories and getting to know you and your furry friends.

KittyCoo ( aka- Carmen) xx

emw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love the, "ugly," kitten and the other one. We have six kitties, two dogs, 2 cocktatiels and two budgies. We have full house, but no tortishell kitties, they are beautiful, one of the kitties that was born with my two orange tabbies was a tortie and she was beautiful and their mother was a tortishell stray I helped rescue.

Good Luck they are a lot of work but all so special, I need to update my signature..

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your furbabies to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions