Moving the litterbox

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
SO I want to move my litter boxes out of my extra bedroom closetand put them all in the lower part of my home with none upstairs..
My kits are 5 months old now..do you think this will be OK?

Tips on moving?
FYI_They have boxes in the lower part of the house and use them...

fadeaway872

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What I would do is just shut the door to that bedroom and not worry about it. Maybe if you see them sniffing at the door or something take them and place them in that cat box you moved. But thats just what I would do.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sunfairie

SO I want to move my litter boxes out of my extra bedroom closetand put them all in the lower part of my home with none upstairs..
My kits are 5 months old now..do you think this will be OK?

Tips on moving?
FYI_They have boxes in the lower part of the house and use them...
I decided that I wanted to move the litterbox from one end of the house to another. But I did it a little at a time, just a few feet a day. The cats did not seem to mind and they never had any accidents.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to make you aware of some recommendations to prevent litter box issues...
http://www.catsinternational.org/art..._problems.html

From Cats International:
A house with several stories should have a litterbox on each floor.
I have one box upstairs and one box downstairs for my 2 cats.

I've always heard for moving boxes,, you should gradually move them. But since we've always had at least 2 boxes, I've just moved them to where we want them. At one time we had a max of 4 boxes for 3 cats. This is our biggest apartment, we've lived in some tiny hole-in-the-wall apartments. Kitty probably had a harder time finding the kitchen than his box in some of those.