Chicken and Bacon?

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I promised Jess we'd have something with chicken and bacon for dinner tonight, haha.... anybody got a recipe for me?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
chicken wrapped in bacon.

cut chicken breast in the middle (as if you would halve it) but only cut half way. Inside sprinkle a mix of herbs and garlic, close firmly wrap bacon around it. In a hot frying pan ut in a tablespoon of oil, cook on high untill bacon is half crisp and then set it on low for a further 10 minutes or so. Serve with mash potatoes or chips! and a veggie on the side of course

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's pretty much how I'd do it (unless I was making chicken carbonara).

Usually I also add cheese to the inside of the chicken breast then wrap it with bacon and grill.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't tried this one yet...... Bacon-Cheese Topped Chicken

1/2 C dijon mustard
1/4 C honey
4 1/2 tsp veg oil, divided
1/2 tsp lemon juice
4 boneless,skinless chicken breast halved flattended
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
dash paprika
2 C sliced fresh mushrooms
2 T butter
4 oz (1 C) each shredded montery jack and cheddar cheeses
8 bacon strips partially cooked
2 tsp mined parsley

In a bowl combine the mustard, honey, 1 1/2 tsp veg oil and lemon juice. Pour 1/2 cup of this in ziploc bag and add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours.
Store remainder marinade in refrig.

Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In large skillet over med heat add remaining 3 tsp veg oil add chicken and brown on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to a greased 9 x 11 baking dish.

In same skillet saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Spoon reserved marinade over chicken and top with cheeses and mushrooms. Place bacon strips in a criss cross pattern for chicken. Bake uncovered at 375F for 20-25 minutes.

Sprinkle with parsley and serve.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's one I haven't done for a while, that we enjoy...

CHICKEN WITH BACON AND BRANDY/CREAM SAUCE

2 large chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and cut in half
6 rashers of bacon, cut in half
1 medium onion, peeled and cut in thin wedges
fresh or dried thyme
1/2 cup brandy

In a large non-stick pan, with a well-fitting lid, cook the bacon slices over high heat until almost crisp, remove and set aside. Saute the onion in the bacon fat until soft, remove and set aside.

Place chicken pieces skin side down in remaining fat (if pan has dried out, add a little oil, and let it heat up before adding the chicken). Leave chicken to brown for 5 minutes undisturbed. Turn chicken and brown the other side.

While the browning is happening (another 5 minutes undisturbed), arrange three pieces of bacon on top of each piece of chicken and scatter the sauteed onions over the top. Sprinkle with dried thyme or place a few sprigs of fresh on each piece of chicken. Pour brandy into pan, cover, turn heat down.

Simmer for about ten minutes, making sure the pan does not dry out (if it's looking questionable, add a little water). Check chicken for doneness (no red juices, when you pierce it), and remove to serving plates when done, preserving the bacon and onion adornments with each serving. Keep warm while you do the sauce.

Turn heat up to high, add 1/4 cup brandy and deglaze pan. When the brandy is bubbling, add about 1/4 cup heavy cream. Stir, and reduce by about half, and pour a little over each serving of chicken.

We like this with panfried potatoes or buttered noodles, and carrots with dill and/or garlic.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fran - that sounds delicious! I only know Chicken Cordon Bleu.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite chicken and bacon Recipe is for a Chicken Caesar Pizza.

You can make your own crust if you want but I generally just buy one already made.

Instead of pizza sauce use a couple of spoons of creamy Caesar dressing, I prefer Renee's.

Cover with a combination of Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese.
Top with sliced Chicken, Bacon, and Red Onions...

Then bake until brown...

It's yummy

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

My favorite chicken and bacon Recipe is for a Chicken Caesar Pizza.

You can make your own crust if you want but I generally just buy one already made.

Instead of pizza sauce use a couple of spoons of creamy Caesar dressing, I prefer Renee's.

Cover with a combination of Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese.
Top with sliced Chicken, Bacon, and Red Onions...

Then bake until brown...

It's yummy
I was going to say chicken caesar wraps

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I roast a chicken I lay several strips of raw bacon over the top of it, and stuff in some cut up lemons and some garlic and fresh Thyme.

The bacon comes out nice and crispy. Plus it keeps the breast of the chicken nice and moist.

You could probably adlib this by wrapping bacon around chicken breasts before baking them.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love chicken too.

I'm currently making Orange Chicken and Lemon Chicken. Each recipe makes 4 servings so I'm going to freeze into portions for future meals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

chicken wrapped in bacon.

cut chicken breast in the middle (as if you would halve it) but only cut half way. Inside sprinkle a mix of herbs and garlic, close firmly wrap bacon around it. In a hot frying pan ut in a tablespoon of oil, cook on high untill bacon is half crisp and then set it on low for a further 10 minutes or so. Serve with mash potatoes or chips! and a veggie on the side of course
This is what I ended up making. It was delicious. I played with it a little by putting some parmesan cheese in the mix of garlic/herbs, and I topped it with cheddar.... it was absolutely fantastic. Raves from the SO, too, haha.... Thank you! And now I have a ton of new recipes