Comedians

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever heard of Brian Regan? If so, do you like his stuff? We went to his show last night and I think he is very funny. He always has a very clean act. Unfortunately, we have heard so much of his stuff that we had already heard more then half of what he did last night.

Who is your favorite comedian and why?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got to look him up on Youtube! I love comedians. Right now, our favorite is Jeff Dunham. He is a ventriliquist (sp?) and he is hilarious!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZjMg...eature=related

Some of his subject matter may be a little offensive to some people, such as Achmed, the dead terrorist, but he can get away with it. And, I just love Peanut!

Of course, my all time favorite is Bill Cosby. He doesn't even have to say anything, his facial expressions are enough!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I've got to look him up on Youtube! I love comedians. Right now, our favorite is Jeff Dunham. He is a ventriliquist (sp?) and he is hilarious!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZjMg...eature=related

Some of his subject matter may be a little offensive to some people, such as Achmed, the dead terrorist, but he can get away with it. And, I just love Peanut!

Of course, my all time favorite is Bill Cosby. He doesn't even have to say anything, his facial expressions are enough!
There is so much on youtube by Brian Regan!

And yes, Bill Cosby is hilarious. I am pretty sure if you like Bill Cosby's facial expressions, you will enjoy Brian Regan. He's great with facial expressions as well.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i love bill cosby, he is just so funny. but i guess curently my fave would be either carlos mencia or george lopez. i guess i am just wierd. my least fav is jerry signfeld, he is just so dumb.

omg george lopez cracks me up, i sware this video he was talkin bout my mom

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love stand-up! Lewis Black is one of my favourites. I also love George Carlin (can't go wrong with a classic!) and Margaret Cho. And Chris Rock. I do like Brian Regan, also... and Dane Cook! Okay, I just like stand-up

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I can only think of the one I don't like: Sarah Sliverman. My husband thinks she's hilarious but he's got a really weird sense of humor.
Oh ditto. My SO thinks she is the funniest person alive. Half the time I'm sitting there with my mouth open cuz I don't get what she is talking about.

But one I do like I can't remember his name but I know he calls himself the "fluffy" comedian.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I love Dane Cook, he's hillarious & gorgeous
I love when Dane Cook comes on my iPod. I'm always laughing so hard when driving and listening to him. People must think I'm insane.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going back in time, my favorites are Abbott & Costello. My favorite A & C movie is "Hold That Ghost."
But really, their most famous skit is "Who's on First?" It is still funny after all these years. I regret that I let our 13 year-old son listen to it. Now, whenever we "I don't know" he says, "Third Base!"
The short shop is, "I don't give a darn!"

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I actually saw Brian Regan once at the Improv. It was quite awhile ago so I don't remember his act much. I do remember that his opening comedian was funnier. Steve Smith. He was one of the partygoers that gets stabbed at the pool party that gets busted up by Freddy Krueger.

I grew up listening to Redd Foxx and Richard Pryor. I also really like Andrew Dice Clay.

Bob Saget is OUTRAGOUS! Also, The Amazing Jonathan...

I recently discovered a VERY funny comedian by the name of Ralph Harris. He's clean and really funny. www.ralphharris.com

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I can only think of the one I don't like: Sarah Sliverman. My husband thinks she's hilarious but he's got a really weird sense of humor.
I don't like her either...she is not funny at all and I think her jokes arein bad taste.

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i love lewis black. we saw him a while back at the improv. another one that's real funny is steve mcgrew. he was a winner on a show called star search many years ago. i also love henry cho and pam stone

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was lucky enough to see Bill Hicks at the Comedy Workshop in Austin several years before he died. You could see him burning out before your eyes -- he was the most intense person I've ever seen in my life. He was so brilliant, and so full of righteous rage. An extremely complex person.

Also saw Seinfeld just before the show went on the air -- he was wonderful! I know it's not cool to like him anymore, but I do. Sometimes you want edgy, sometimes you don't.

And Stephen Wright, who is so subtle... and after his set, Sam Kinison showed up unannounced. Could there be a greater contrast between two people? Kinison was so stoned he could hardly enunciate words. Unlike Hicks, he was all anger and no substance... it was just scattershot hatred.

I love Robin Williams, but he was hard to watch in person -- it was back when he was doing drugs, and I just couldn't keep up with him. He was also sometimes just vulgar for vulgar's sake, which I don't enjoy. But he's brilliant, and I'd love to see him again, now that he's straight(er).

Robert Klein was just amazing, a fantastic show -- on top of being so funny, he's also a heck of good doo-wop singer. His version of "Since I Don't Have You" is still my favorite.

Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie, formerly of "Whose Line Is It Anyway," are such a perfect team -- I loved to watch them play off each other, and I'd be so thrilled to see them live, if they ever decide to tour! And I remember back in the late '60s, Al Franken had a partner named Tom Davis (who became a writer for Saturday Night Live), and they were priceless.

My very first live comic was Steve Martin, back before his hair went white -- he opened for Neil Diamond in 1971.

I've never seen them in person, but old clips from the early '60s of Nichols & May (Mike Nichols, the director -- who is now married to Diane Sawyer -- and his then-wife Elaine May) are just brilliant.

And my all-time favorite stand-up comic is another one I've never seen in person, though I'd pay just about any price if I could: Bob Newhart. I grew up listening to his records, which still stand as some of the best comedy in history. I just love the guy!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 that I just can't decide who I like best: Robin Williams, George Carlin, and Russell Peters.

Robin Williams - First, his sound effects are absolutely hilarious. He has a style all his own and a way of making everything fit together.

George Carlin - He is great at pointing out cultural blunders and problems. And the more you think about what he says, the more you start to realize that he is right.

Russell Peters - By far the best comedian with accents. He can do anything with his accents and always has a way of making everything funny.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have several - Robin Williams, Red Skelton (he's dead now, but was a great CLEAN comedian), and Jeff Dunham - we came across him on Metacafe and UTube - he's a great ventriliquist. Here's his website.

http://www.jeffdunham.com/

If you go to metacafe or utube - check out a lot of his clips. I'm watching to see when he comes back to MN - apparently he was here earlier this fall and we didn't know it - Peanut is probably my fav of his characters.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm also a Jeff Dunham fan. I really get a kick out of seeing a ventriloquist's talent, and Jeff Dunham has some really cute material! I just loved Achmed the dead terrorist, and Walter, and Peanut, and Jose Jalapeno on the stick! It's funny when he gets two of them going with each other, lol!

Here's a link to his website. He's got a few clips that are hilarious!
http://www.jeffdunham.com/

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I love Dane Cook, he's hillarious & gorgeous

http://www.danecook.com/
OMG I love Dane! He is so pretty
LOL And so funny!
I also like David Spade with his Standup! He came to my college last year it was a great show! And I love listening to Bob and Tom in the morning because I always find new comedians to listen to!