It's official, he's a dog

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone else's cat act more like a different animal than what they are?

Tiger is acting more and more like a dog than a cat! He fetches, rolls over for belly rubs, plays chase and twitches his back foot when I scratch behind his ears.... he's definitely a 'dog' now.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup!
Tuxedo doesn't play fetch, but follows Gary around, plays chase, twitches his back foot when we scratch behind his ears - and is built more like a small bull-dog than a cat - we call him our little defensive tackle, and tell him he is SUCH a good dog!

Laurie

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Anyone else's cat act more like a different animal than what they are?

Tiger is acting more and more like a dog than a cat! He fetches, rolls over for belly rubs, plays chase and twitches his back foot when I scratch behind his ears.... he's definitely a 'dog' now.
My cat does all that too, but she is a cat all the way, catting around, jumping on things, being a cat - I own dogs and she is so not a dog even though she does many behaviours many understand to be "dog like".

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

My cat does all that too, but she is a cat all the way, catting around, jumping on things, being a cat - I own dogs and she is so not a dog even though she does many behaviours many understand to be "dog like".
Of course - we're just having fun.
Didn't mean to offend any doggies! (But Tuxie is probably offended we call him a dog!
) We just find all of his dog-like behaviors very cute!

Laurie

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Stan thinks he's a dog and Bella has to be twice the cat to make up for it

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butzie exhibits some canine attributes, especially when she comes when I call and hit my hip. A cat coming when you call. Hmm...

Other than that, she is pure cat.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, my two come when I call. You never know when I'm calling them for treats, after all!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Of course - we're just having fun.
Didn't mean to offend any doggies! (But Tuxie is probably offended we call him a dog!
) We just find all of his dog-like behaviors very cute!

Laurie
I see
I agree, they are very cute behaviours, it warms my heart so much when she comes to her name and fetches. I just love it. Now if my dogs could purr in happiness, then I would have it made!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fadeaway872

Bear barks sometimes. Well it sounds like a bark.
Interestingly enough, Tiger doesn't 'bark' at birds or anything! At least, I haven't heard him 'bark' yet. Angel does that the most though.