TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › It's official, he's a dog
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's official, he's a dog

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Anyone else's cat act more like a different animal than what they are?

Tiger is acting more and more like a dog than a cat! He fetches, rolls over for belly rubs, plays chase and twitches his back foot when I scratch behind his ears.... he's definitely a 'dog' now.
post #2 of 10
Yup! Tuxedo doesn't play fetch, but follows Gary around, plays chase, twitches his back foot when we scratch behind his ears - and is built more like a small bull-dog than a cat - we call him our little defensive tackle, and tell him he is SUCH a good dog!

Laurie
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyD1987 View Post
Anyone else's cat act more like a different animal than what they are?

Tiger is acting more and more like a dog than a cat! He fetches, rolls over for belly rubs, plays chase and twitches his back foot when I scratch behind his ears.... he's definitely a 'dog' now.
My cat does all that too, but she is a cat all the way, catting around, jumping on things, being a cat - I own dogs and she is so not a dog even though she does many behaviours many understand to be "dog like".
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococat View Post
My cat does all that too, but she is a cat all the way, catting around, jumping on things, being a cat - I own dogs and she is so not a dog even though she does many behaviours many understand to be "dog like".
Of course - we're just having fun. Didn't mean to offend any doggies! (But Tuxie is probably offended we call him a dog! ) We just find all of his dog-like behaviors very cute!

Laurie
post #5 of 10
Yes, Stan thinks he's a dog and Bella has to be twice the cat to make up for it
post #6 of 10
Butzie exhibits some canine attributes, especially when she comes when I call and hit my hip. A cat coming when you call. Hmm...
Other than that, she is pure cat.
post #7 of 10
Hey, my two come when I call. You never know when I'm calling them for treats, after all!
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG View Post
Of course - we're just having fun. Didn't mean to offend any doggies! (But Tuxie is probably offended we call him a dog! ) We just find all of his dog-like behaviors very cute!

Laurie
I see I agree, they are very cute behaviours, it warms my heart so much when she comes to her name and fetches. I just love it. Now if my dogs could purr in happiness, then I would have it made!
post #9 of 10
Bear barks sometimes. Well it sounds like a bark.
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway872 View Post
Bear barks sometimes. Well it sounds like a bark.
Interestingly enough, Tiger doesn't 'bark' at birds or anything! At least, I haven't heard him 'bark' yet. Angel does that the most though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › It's official, he's a dog