*****KatKwiz - Jan. 5 - 1630*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have 1200 or more posts, you cannot submit an answer until two hours after the posting of this question.

The total number of points awarded by KatKwiz (Persi & Alley) on May 2, 2007 was ____________

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The total number of points awarded by KatKwiz (Persi & Alley) on May 2, 2007 was ____850________

Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

If you have 1200 or more posts, you cannot submit an answer until two hours after the posting of this question.

The total number of points awarded by KatKwiz (Persi & Alley) on May 2, 2007 was ____________

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I found only 350 but Im probably wrong like usual

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, because 500 points were awarded from the katkwiz for the mayday questions, those points didn't get awarded till ther 2nd I guess, and then from the question of the day for may second the points were worth 350
I think you add the two to get 850. But thats allot of work since we all go on all different time frames!! I didn't realize that the points from may 1st, wouldnt be awarded till the second. So on the second the total number of points given out was 850.

But seriously, with the time frame difference, if I wouldn't have gone and checked again, I would leave it with 350

I thought that the points went in the same day, so I wasn't looking for may 1st. I looked up May second and got 350

So sorry about the wrong answers! Im just all screwed up with this!!

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i didnt know if adding the two was correct but figured why not, cause it could be based on a technicality. i sat and rationalized it for about 5 minutes before deciding what the heck, its just a game.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Okay, because 500 points were awarded from the katkwiz for the mayday questions, those points didn't get awarded till ther 2nd I guess, and then from the question of the day for may second the points were worth 350
I think you add the two to get 850. But thats allot of work since we all go on all different time frames!! I didn't realize that the points from may 1st, wouldnt be awarded till the second. So on the second the total number of points given out was 850.
Quite often the points are not awarded until the next day. Last night I did wait until just after midnight my time to submit the answer but had I submitted the question three minutes earlier, the points would not have been awarded until the next day my time (today).

Please, everybody scroll down to the bottom of this page. Above the bottom bar you will find something like this:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:26 AM.

That is MY time zone. The -6 indicates it is 6 hours earlier here near Dallas than it is Geenwich Mean Time, the time standard of the world (near London). Depending on where we live, different times should be displayed to compensate for this deviation.

No matter. Had you submitted the correct answer for your time zone first, you certainly would have won. And since you live in the Dakotas I believe you are in my time zone.

Today's winner DID have the correct answer first for her/his zone.

I just once again did want to point out that when I tell our members that I post each date's contest between 0001 and 2359 that I am talking GMT, which will be at different times around the world to give everybody a fair shot.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
umm ok, still not sure i understand, i get the time zone difference but this confuses me "Quite often the points are not awarded until the next day. Last night I did wait until just after midnight my time to submit the answer but had I submitted the question three minutes earlier, the points would not have been awarded until the next day my time (today)."

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcaregiver

The total number of points awarded by KatKwiz (Persi & Alley) on May 2, 2007 was ____850________
This is the correct answer. As I explain later, you may have received a different answer. CONGRATULATIONS!!
1,630 points are headed your way.

Here is ONE way to find the answer:
Select vbPlaza on the tool bar above.
Select Most Sold
Select View
Scroll to May 2
On MY display this shows items #831 and #834; 350 points at 1:44 p.m. and 500 points at 8:17 a.m.

Please also refer to my other response this morning.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

umm ok, still not sure i understand, i get the time zone difference but this confuses me "Quite often the points are not awarded until the next day. Last night I did wait until just after midnight my time to submit the answer but had I submitted the question three minutes earlier, the points would not have been awarded until the next day my time (today)."
Depending on where you live (Australia etc) it could have been that they were awarded on different days.

What Persi&Alley is saying is that the points for the KatKwiz on the 1st were given on the 2nd in his time zone.

In the question posted (this one) it was posted at 1.01 my time which is 12.01 his time so if he had posted earlier (ie 11:58 his time) the points would have been awarded yesterday not today, when the question was posted.

Although that is confusing to me too because that means points are awarded when the question is posted not when they are paid out and that would make the answer 350 so I understand your confusion

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Depending on where you live (Australia etc) it could have been that they were awarded on different days.

What Persi&Alley is saying is that the points for the KatKwiz on the 1st were given on the 2nd in his time zone.

In the question posted (this one) it was posted at 1.01 my time which is 12.01 his time so if he had posted earlier (ie 11:58 his time) the points would have been awarded yesterday not today, when the question was posted.

Although that is confusing to me too because that means points are awarded when the question is posted not when they are paid out and that would make the answer 350 so I understand your confusion
Because of any confusion, I am also sending 1630 points to glitch
, since you both had the right idea about HOW to find the answer. I promise to avoid any time confusion in the future but I hope that it is understood that I base my posts on the GMT clock (as far as dates are concerned), which in my case would run from 6:01 p.m through 5:59 p.m. my time. In other words, the Jan. 6 contest could show up any time after 6 p.m. tonight my time.