The Fuzz got me!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have had "one of those days" so I decided to share!!

I started out my day still sick from christmas, so I decided I would call in sick to work... That didn't work, the people in the class I was teaching has all taken time off and needed me to do it today. So I tell them I will be there.
I get a late start at things and have to hurry to the Red Cross to get my manikans and other supplies. I STILL HAD TO PUT GAS IN! I had to be in Webster at 10:00am and it was now 9:20am, I still had a 50min drive ahead of me! So I hurry and call them and tell them I am going to be late. I put gas in my car and buy two cappachino's as I needed the caffine boost, I start speeding down the road and get 20 minutes out of town when some dude calls me up and tells me he is going to sue me! Yeah, whatever dude, if you can't wait 2 weeks for the cash then you'll just have so sue me! I dont really care because my dr. will NOT do that and the guy was way off base! So I hang up the phone with him and hurry my speeding down the road. I get no more than 5 more miles before I see a cop headed at me, so I slow down real quick! TOO LATE! I see him flipping around with his cherries on! He wasn't even turned around before I was pulled over with my stuff hanging out the window! I knew what I did and I deserved the ticket! He comes up to the window and asks me if I know what I was doing wrong, I say yea, Im speeding! He asks me why, I tell him Im late to teach a class, he says he'll hurry and get my ticket written! I was going to try to cry my way out of it, but decided I did the crime, its not fair to try to get out of it! So he comes back with ****2**** tickets! Im like "Whats the other one for!" He tells me my tags expired in JULY!! *WHOOPS* He asks me which class Im teaching and I tell him and he says hes not here to jam me up so he ripped the no tag ticket up which was good because it was 113 bucks!
I still got a speeding ticket for 109 dollars though!! OUCH!!! I guessed at that point it was just going to be a bad day, and it was!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, At least he only gave me one ticket though! The worst part is, I took this class out of town for the xtra cash ( I get $.50 a mile plus my hourly wage) But after the ticket and stuff Im DOWN 50 bucks!!! I wish I could have called in sick, then I wouldn't have answered the phone for that guy who can't wait two weeks to get the rest of his money for my kids surgery and wouldn't have gotten a ticket!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IT HAPPENED AGAIN!! I got another ticket! This time I wasn't doing anything wrong, I had left work and all of a sudden a cop almosts whammys me by not slowing down fast enough at his stop light, he turns behind me and is just driving behind me so I was like whatever, then all of a sudden his front end is almost eating my bumper!! He backed off for a few and then low and behold there are those lovely cherries we all love to see! He pulled me over because I had bad tags! Yes I did have bad tags though, so you cant fault him at that but 2 tickets in like 3 days?? GIVE A GAL A BREAK!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol well get new tags
hehe..
for what worth i have gotten 2 speeding tickets in the last year,
both for doing 38 in a 35 really guys, go find something else to do lol

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that feeling! Its just ridiculous! Do they know there are serial killers out there?? He looked so bored too! He sat there and debated about giving me the ticket. Yeah right, try to make it look like you give a damn! I dont by it!! LOL Im not going to say it can't get any worse cause it would then... Yeah I really gotta get new tags!! I could just kick myself I didn't do it before tickets were given!

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omgosh, I have just been through something so similar.

I drive for DHL (kinda like UPS or FedX) Part-time, and I go to a city in KY, (I live in Indiana) which I am 40min. from everyday.
I only work part-time and kinda like it.
I got to work monday at 2 pm(usual time) and headed for Owensboro, KY.
I got 20 min. out, and realized my scanner (needed for work/pick-ups) wasn't working right.
It's supposed to send me my pick-up places as I leave, it blips over & over.
So I'm on my way and still I have no blip.
I called and re-booted 2 times and still no luck.
I lost 40 min. going back for a new scanner.
So when I got to O'boro I was in the school zone which I would usually go by early enough that classes were not let out by then.
So in my cold medicine/being late fog I didn't notice the difference.
I got to the curve in the road where there is a middle school and was not aware, because the school really was on the backside of the road.
So I am following traffic and come around the curve to a cop sitting there with his _______ radar pointed at me.
So I'm having this really bad day.
It's Monday, I'm feeling like crap from a head/chest cold, and I'm late!!
He pulls out right behind me and hits his lights~!
I didn't even realize it was a school district at the time.
But he was more than happy to inform me that the fines were doubled and I was doing 46 in a 25 school zone.
21 FREAKIN' miles over!!!!
I'm so ....I don't even know the word I'm looking for.

Now mind you....I have NEVER had a speeding ticket and I will be 48 freakin' years old on the 18th of this month!!!
I thought maybe when he pulled up my record he would lay off a little.
Heck NO!
I have to go to court in O'boro on Jan. 22, at 8:30 AM!!!!!
About 45 min. from where I live and we are DEFINITE night owls!
Plus I will have to go to court at 8:30am and go to work from my town at 2pm back to O'boro the same day.
I don't know if I should sleep in the work van till work time or go back & forth.
Since it's in a school zone, I have to appear in court and my fine may be doubled. (probably!)

I have been really bummed about it!
I know it's my fault but, my first EVER speeding ticket and the circumstances all led to a catastrophe(sp?)!!
I'll be lucky if I get out of this for under $250.00 ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh, thats right! ME TOO!! Im not getting out of this without at LEAST 250.00
Whatever Ill pay it buy omg does it suck!! They dont ever seem to be able to rasionalize with me, if I pay the first ticket, I cant pay the tags for the second ticket!! If I pay the second ticket, my 3 kids will be going hungry!! So the fuzz put me in a tight spot, I probably had it coming, but when the record comes back clean I just dont understand a warning once in a while!!!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch hun, that was a bad day - but look on the bright side, you are actually one ticket less than you could be. He was obviously sympathetic to your situation, even if he did give you the speeding ticket.
I hope tomorrow goes better.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

IT HAPPENED AGAIN!! I got another ticket! This time I wasn't doing anything wrong, I had left work and all of a sudden a cop almosts whammys me by not slowing down fast enough at his stop light, he turns behind me and is just driving behind me so I was like whatever, then all of a sudden his front end is almost eating my bumper!! He backed off for a few and then low and behold there are those lovely cherries we all love to see! He pulled me over because I had bad tags! Yes I did have bad tags though, so you cant fault him at that but 2 tickets in like 3 days?? GIVE A GAL A BREAK!!
Why didn't you get your new tags right away after the first ticket!?!?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

I did have bad tags though, so you cant fault him at that but 2 tickets in like 3 days?? GIVE A GAL A BREAK!!
Sorry you are getting tickets, but driving around uninsured is against the law. You're lucky you are only getting tickets. Here you would be hauled off to jail and have your car impounded and have to appear in court. You could even lose your driver's license for driving without auto insurance here.

My advice? If you can't afford insurance, park the car and start taking a bus.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Sorry you are getting tickets, but driving around uninsured is against the law. You're lucky you are only getting tickets. Here you would be hauled off to jail and have your car impounded and have to appear in court. You could even lose your driver's license for driving without auto insurance here.

I don't think it was lack of insurance, but an out of date license plate.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

I don't think it was lack of insurance, but an out of date license plate.
Here that is the same thing. When we apply for auto insurance we are given a sticker to place on the license plate. That sticker has to be displayed on the plate or you will be pulled over. If it's discovered that you are driving with an expired "tag", that means you haven't renued your auto insurance and that vehicle is not supposed to be on the road.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You got the second ticket 2 days after the first? Usually if you show them that you had recently been pulled over for it, they will give you more time- I think usually a week.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

You got the second ticket 2 days after the first? Usually if you show them that you had recently been pulled over for it, they will give you more time- I think usually a week.
Why should they give more time?! Driving with expired tags is a crime and the tags should have been renewed immediately after having gotten the ticket and warning. Now not only does she have to pay the equivalent of $250.00 in fines, but also the cost of the tag renewal.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending {{{{prayers and vibes}}}} that the judge will go easy on you and set a low fine.
Does your state do a trial by written declaration, wherein you post bail and then submit your statement? The worst that can happen in a TWD is that you are found guilty; sometimes, the cop doesn't want to have to write HIS statement and the charges get dropped altogether.
Some of us are barely getting by as it is, for one reason or the other, and buying tags can mean the difference between food and shelter. I know, I've been there. And here in the US, esp. out West, there are no buses but incredible distances between towns, so hitchhiking isn't a remotely agreeable option

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Here that is the same thing. When we apply for auto insurance we are given a sticker to place on the license plate. That sticker has to be displayed on the plate or you will be pulled over. If it's discovered that you are driving with an expired "tag", that means you haven't renued your auto insurance and that vehicle is not supposed to be on the road.
In the US tags and insurance are different. You do need proof of insurance to initially get the tags, but tags are just registering with the state that you are still owner of the car (and of course, pay another fee), it doesn't have anything to do with insurance once you have them. The state I live in now you have to register every year, but the state I just moved out of (Maryland) you only have to register every 4 years I think, but it might be every 2. Each state is different. Still, it's not good to be driving on old tags, but it's not near as bad as driving without insurance.

I would at least go to court for the speeding ticket. Especially if you driving record is clean. If you plead guilty and have a clean record a lot of times they will lower the fee to just the court costs and lower the points that go on your license too. At least, in Maryland that was normal, not sure about South Dakota though. But, it's worth a shot.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Honey, The car is insured! IT WAS MY TAGS!!! read the whole thing next time.

Furthermore, I never said it wasn't my fault. I do believe I said that it sucked though! I could have tried to weasle my way out of it, and I didn't. Godd!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright, to break the confusion, let me explain the way it is HERE, where I am living!! You must have insurance, but, you have to have tags too, those two things are seperate all together. You need the tags because thats how you register the car! The insurance is a whole different thing!! NOT THE SAME!!!

The second thing is I couldn't afford the tickets. I have 3 kids to feed. Thats why I was upset, it had nothing to do with me thinking I didn't deserve them, because I did. I had to work both of those days, from early on, so there was no way I could get to the court house to get them. See, I have to work to feed my family.

My Tickets are already Paid for, and my tags are already paid for two. And the tickets were a total of 210 dollars, and the tags were 57.10

So there went all of my paycheck and most of DH!!

If I couldn't afford to put insurance on it, I wouldn't be driving it!!!