gas prices?

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was just kinda curious what the gas prices are where y'all live. Its 2.99 a gallon for the 87 grade, here and i have spent the last two days sitting for 9 hours in the van outside my bf's work because we couldnt afford for me to drive home then back like normal to go get him. He works 45 miles from here and he dont have a liscence so i usually take him, come home to be with the animals and take care of the family then go back at night to pick him up. Then today i broke the van, the belt shredded on me about 25 miles from here so tomorrow i get to spend the day looking for a cheap mechanic and tow truck to get it fixed.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it's about $3.19 here, the gas prices are killing me! I drive 30 miles each way to and from work, I swear I must spend at least $250 on gas a month

good luck with getting your van fixed!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's around 3.18 here. DH had to go and get a gas guzzler recently too. 1999 Dodge Durango.
He knows it eat gas but he got it anyway because he doesn't care.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can drive up to 100 miles a day ... luckily most days 50 ish .... I have credit bills to prove 300$ on gas... What gets me IS the LARGEST gad IMPORT is from CANADA to the US, so why are prices so high if we get the majority from north and south ( mexico is number 3 )

here next town 2.94
my town 3.09
next city 3.20

spyral

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I only use premium, it runs ariound $3.30/gal. I don't mind though, I love to drive! I only have to drive 6 miles each way to my office though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
good grief, i guess i shouldnt gripe, most everyone is worse on prices then we are here. The cheepest place around here is the indian convenience store out on the pawnee reservation at 2.85 a gallon. The van is a gas hog, we spend usually on average of 100 a week on gas. I drive 45 miles each way to his job, and then usually have to run my granny and mom where they need to go so it adds up quick.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
$3.15/gal here. Just went up again today.
I'm looking forward to this spring, we're going to move closer to downtown and not have to drive so much. We're on the very south edge of town and using WAY more gas than we did in Iowa.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's around $2.85 -$2.96 depending on where you go around here. Usually I try to get my gas from the grocery store's station or Costco's station as they offer it at a discount if you have a member card.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

107.9 a liter here which comes to about $4.08 a gallon USD. That's not bad for here; it's been much higher.

Hope you get your van fixed and it's not an expensive problem.
It was 107.2 here today. When I was on my way into town it was 102.2 and on the way out of town about 45 minutes later it had gone up to 107.2.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around 2.85 here.

I really don't miss the $3/gal price...I'll say that. I also love having someone fill the tank for me!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It went from $3.09 to $3.19 a gallon two days ago. I have a subcompact that is easy on gas, drive 22 miles round trip for work and work extended hours so I don't go in 5 times a week but it is still getting out of hand. Especially with everything else but my wages going up.