Cat tree!!!

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"Santa Claws" got my boys a cat tree for Christmas and it arrived to today! I've already put it together, and it's pretty neat! Loki really seems to like it, and has been spending a lot of time on top on the cat perch. Finally, now Loki can be somewhere up high. Possum has been more cautious, but has been on it a few times. They both seem to enjoys scratching on it already!

Aww, now Possum's sleeping at the top!

Tricia

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I can't let my girls see this. They'll want their own after seeing how yours are enjoying their Christmas present.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got mine from Armarkat. This is it: http://www.armarkat.com/a6501.htm

A little earlier tonight I read some stories on here that kind of scare me a bit, but I didn't think to ask for reviews/opinions before I requested it. So, I hope it's okay. It does seem the majority of people are happy with theirs. It is a little wobbly, so I'll keep an eye on that. If necessary, I think I can reinforce it.

So far, it doesn't look like either Possum or Loki will take flying leaps onto or off of the top perch, but I'd be worried regardless considering the top perch is nearly 5 1/2 feet off the ground.

Hopefully, I'll be one of the lucky ones. I probably don't need to worry, though.

Tricia

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Two years ago, I spent $80.00 on a cat tree but Buster didn't care for it. I couldn't return it, so I was a bit peeved. However, when Holly Golightly came into our lives, she automatically loved it and spends much time at the top. Naturally, Buster was jealous and now uses it too!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

I got mine from Armarkat. This is it: http://www.armarkat.com/a6501.htm
That is the same exact same cat tree that I got for my cats earlier last year. They absolutely love it. We got ours off Ebay for a cheaper price. The only part they wont get near is the hammock. They love the blue cone to sleep in, and they love being up high.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i guess i am a cheapskate, i cant afford a big fancy one like i want so for right now i made one out of cardboard boxes and my girls love it, esp callie who takes the top all the time. maybe income tax time i can get them a real one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, the caat tree seems to be holding up to the boys so far. Except for the toys that came with it. Neither lasted 24 hours against the mighty Loki!
He chewed through the elastic on both, so today I had to find a toy with a string attached that wasn't thin. I ended up getting a toy mouse with a longer tail and braided some embroidery floss and tied the tail to it. Hopefully it lasts longer than 24 hours.

Tricia

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are some neat trees on that site, and great prices. I'm going to have one for the gang here!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

i guess i am a cheapskate, i cant afford a big fancy one like i want so for right now i made one out of cardboard boxes and my girls love it, esp callie who takes the top all the time. maybe income tax time i can get them a real one.
Cats love the cardboard box trees! My tree is one my mom picked up for $5 from the Goodwill outlet
I have tried with the boxes, but Seb jumps on the tops too hard and squishes them.

jeep_kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we have 2 trees and they get used rather roughly, plan an adding a 3rd when we get our tax refund!