Their conversion is complete

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My parents have had their rescued cat, Lucy, who's their first pet in years, for just over two months now, and have been spoiling her like crazy. Last night when mom and I were talking, she insisted on putting Lucy on the phone, so I could talk to her and hear the cute little squeak their precious darling makes. Of course, I obliged, and Lucy squeaked for me.

Later in the conversation, I realized mom wasn't listening to me so I asked, "Are you still there?" Her response: "I'm here. I was just giving our sweet girl some lovins'."

It appears their conversion to crazy cat people is now complete and I couldn't be more proud.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

My parents have had their rescued cat, Lucy, who's their first pet in years, for just over two months now, and have been spoiling her like crazy. Last night when mom and I were talking, she insisted on putting Lucy on the phone, so I could talk to her and hear the cute little squeak their precious darling makes. Of course, I obliged, and Lucy squeaked for me.

Later in the conversation, I realized mom wasn't listening to me so I asked, "Are you still there?" Her response: "I'm here. I was just giving our sweet girl some lovins'."

It appears their conversion to crazy cat people is now complete and I couldn't be more proud.
That is just great! DW brings our little kitten to me at night before putting here in her private room so that we can "kiss each other goodnight". You can see we have had our conversion to crazy cat people long ago...
Oh, the two adult cats are waiting in bed by this time for us to come join them.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is beautiful!!

My cats have phone conversations with their Grandma, nieces and nephews, too

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Further comment on this: My wife and I travel a lot. We have a phone answering machine that can be turned up quite loud and we can call the cats from wherever we are and we know that they are listening to us via the speaker phone!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yes, Eileen, I do believe your parents have gone past the point of no return

I, personally, have never put my cats on the phone

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

They're wrapped completely around her paw!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Guilty ... lmao... I put the cat and the dog on the phone to talk to my best friend their "auntie"

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy to hear that Lucy is doing so well.

Now we know why you're a "Crazy Cat Lady", Eileen....you got it from your Parents....or maybe it's the other way around

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
You did a wonderful job with them Eileen.

Mine just yell in the background so they're heard.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My current lot find the phone an annoyance, when I insist on answering it rather than keeping on scritching. My RB Shasta was known on several occasions to hang it up while I was talking long distance (in the days when LD still subsidized local rates, and therefore a call to my parents cost $1 a minute).

I'd say they are well and truly hooked.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eileen- I'm so happy for your parents!!!

None of our cats talk unless they want something, so very rarely will they talk when we're on the phone. But Tuxie purrs so loud Gary puts the phone up to his throat so people can hear him purring!

Laurie

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eileen, that's awesome!

Who knew that the poor kitty who was kept in a cage would become the pampered little girl, living with your folks?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eileen, that is so cute. Butzie doesn't talk on the phone, but my Budgies, they talk every phone call. I think they are saying "to whom is more important to talk to then me?" Since they both talk people talk, it is funny listening to the caller's reply.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a victory beyond measure Eileen.

There was a driving reason, that kept you from giving up and doing the hard emotional work required, to finally get Lucy free of her previous negative home environment.

Now we know what that reason was....
Lucy's destiny was with your loving parents.

Lucy...head of household.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is absolutely wonderful, I am so glad she has converted your parents back!!

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
if i didnt know better i would sware this is a bad sci-fi movie, "their conversion is now complete" sounds like aliens trying to take over or something. yea ok, too early maybe i should go back to bed. sorry for the interuption........back to your regularly scheduled conversation......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys!

I'm so touched by how much my parents have come to love Lucy and really get a kick out of seeing them interact with her and hearing them talk about her. They been good for each other.

Lucy's a real sweetheart and the most tolerant, patient cat I've ever met. She's does great with letting my nieces and nephews (even the little guys) pet and hold her. Of course, they've been taught to be gentle and respectful of animals, so that helps.

As my mom said the other night, "Lucy belongs here."

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

As my mom said the other night, "Lucy belongs here."
Awww Eileen...
Tears of joy