Daily Thread TGIF Jan 4!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone!

I am off to work this morning, and then going to my sisters after work. My mom is still visiting and I am driving her to the train station tomorrow morning. So we are going to all hang out tonight and make funnel cakes

Not sure what else is going on this weekend. My friends are talking about going skiing but I HATE skiiing and am terrified of it..so I doubt I'll be doing that

What are you all up to this weekend?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!

My cold is really starting to get better
I swear this is the shortest cold I've had without having to take those remedies.

Nothing much planned for this weekend other than maybe some house work. I haven't vacuumed in a while. I also need to take down the Christmas decorations.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Good morning everyone!

I am off to work this morning, and then going to my sisters after work. My mom is still visiting and I am driving her to the train station tomorrow morning. So we are going to all hang out tonight and make funnel cakes

Not sure what else is going on this weekend. My friends are talking about going skiing but I HATE skiiing and am terrified of it..so I doubt I'll be doing that

What are you all up to this weekend?
Hah! I have never been up early enough before to post the first reply to this thread! Insomnia wins every time. I am going to spend a lot of time this weekend playing with my new Kitty, Shelby. Alley has now become friends and it is fun to watch the two adults and the little still less than 3 month old kitten playing with them. So that will take in a lot of my weekend. Oh yeah, wait a minute, my god, it is my anniversary tomorrow, so I have to secretly make some fantastic reservations today!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Hi everyone!My cold is really starting to get better
I swear this is the shortest cold I've had without having to take those remedies.
Great news Jenney!!

Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Hah! I have never been up early enough before to post the first reply to this thread! Insomnia wins every time. I am going to spend a lot of time this weekend playing with my new Kitty, Shelby. Alley has now become friends and it is fun to watch the two adults and the little still less than 3 month old kitten playing with them. So that will take in a lot of my weekend. Oh yeah, wait a minute, my god, it is my anniversary tomorrow, so I have to secretly make some fantastic reservations today!
Welcome to the Daily!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

My friends are talking about going skiing but I HATE skiiing and am terrified of it..so I doubt I'll be doing that
Go! Sit in the Chalet and sip hot chocolate. You could end up meeting a really cute and great guy!

That's what I did one year when my friend wanted to go skiing and I had never gone skiing before. I sucked at skiing, so I decided to hang out in the Chalet while everyone else skied. I had a great time

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!

Much warmer here today but beginning to snow again. Heading off to work shortly It's payday

Feeling better today so I think I Might just live after all.

The kitties are good, having some treats right now...

Everyone have a good day

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is not as early in Plano, TX as it here in SF Bay Area, CA. I am on TCS and it is 5:42 am (digital clocks - always give you exact time!).
I had the cat alarm go off at 5:30 am. I think it might be because of the weather. The wind is blowing so much (60 mph) that neither of us can go back to sleep. We have have high wind warnings, flood warnings, snow warnings and urban stream flood warnings.
There are so many warnings about not driving, especially to the Sierra Nevada mountains. Skiing? I only learned to ski when I was 25 but I love it and, being a dancer, I am good at it. Getting to those ski resorts with an estimated 8 feet of new snow? No way for about a week.
I know we need the water and snow pack, but to be honest, we haven't experienced a storm like this with all those warnings in the 23 years we lived here.
Jenny is supposed to go back to college in upstate NY on a redeye Sat. night. I don't think that she will be able to fly out of SFO or if she can she will miss her connections.
So, this weekend, we are staying at home, watching the weather, and worrying about Jenny's flight.
Oh! Butzie is freeking out, too.
The wind is REALLY strong!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That wind is coming our way for the weekend.

Well I finished entering in my expenses and balanced my business checkbook for the 2007 year. Now if I could figure out (with my accountant hubby) a couple of mistakes I made on some invoices (less than $1) I could get my sales tax form completed and get that taken care of.....

Its sunny and going to have a good stretch of January thaw weather coming-mid to upper 30's and 40's!!

Not much on the agenda-I think Neil is playing cards tonite-its starting to become a routine-guess he will have to get the boys to our house for a game soon.

Bought some DVD's might watch one of them tonite-perhaps "Tank Girl"-it such a funny,stupid movie.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
morning to all!

I saw in the news, EUA has lot of places with a down temp...
and so many snow places where before haven´t snowed...
....Good luck my friends be careful of driving...

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Afternoon everyone! I will be spending the day on the couch watchin ANTM marathon while blowing my nose like crazy. I just hope Benson lets me lay still for more than 15mins at a time.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to straight out our extended medical coverage,
I have been playing phone tag for 4 hours, they are withholding a $500 check until I get a form for the government, which they were supposed to have sent in october, so far the government agent. has found out it was never sent
. Now I have to find the right person to send it,
I am on hold again

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I'm home early!

I told my co-workers I had to leave a little earlier (I was thinking 4:30 or 4:45) and by 3:30, they told me to just close the day and go home. No complaints here. Gave me time to finally stop by the grocery and return my bug-infested peas and pick up a few things.

Kinah is on my lap right now, so I have to make sure she can't read this... she has to go to the v-e-t tonight. She's been having diarrhea (again
) and I really want to get to the bottom of what's causing it. Lately she also pants when she plays (which she never did before). Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Once I get home, I'll finish the dishes (there's tons of them
) and sit down in front of a movie.

But for now, it's dinner time and then I have to convince Kinah to get into the cat carrier. Wish me luck.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heheh welcome to Saturday morning in Denmark... It's 1:20am and I should technically be in bed, but I had a nap this afternoon....
And the only thing I'm up to is CatSite-ing..... Hope you're having a good Friday though!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Update: We're back from the vet, more or less in one piece. Kinah was very unhappy about it, I now have stylish scratches in my neck from putting her in the carrier and I lost one of my mitten on the way back from the vet. Other than that, we survived.

Kinah is fine. Her heart, lungs, mouth, throat and abdomen were just fine.

The dishes are done, the kitchen is clean and I'm getting ready to sit down to watch a movie. I bought some good tea yesterday (cost me $10 for 50g) and I just opened the bag and it smells SOOOOOO good! I could sit there and smell it all evening. I could never go back to cheap grocery store tea, knowing that there is stuff like that out there. Anyways, all that to say that I'll be making some tea and watching Harry Potter. I'll have a snack too if I can find something to eat.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, didn't do too terribly much today, I was off work, so made a loaf of bread and cleaned. One of my foster kittens went onto her new home today
So the usual mixed feelings about that.

Have to work tomorrow evening, and off Sunday
Plan on walking the dogs a few times this weekend. Maybe sleeping in (yeah right, cats have different plans...)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a short week but boy am I glad it's over.

I'm not doing much this weekend. I've gone on a de-cluttering blitz and I don't want to stop so I think I'll continue into the weekend as long as my energy allows me too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

smsinga

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am working both days; January is our busy months. my cats are like.. here she comes.. yea play time. no there she goes.. no play time..