Newsflash - cat catches one of the mythical bed mice...

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
London Morning Mews, 4th January 2008, late edition.

In a world first today, we can report that one of the elusive, almost mythical creatures known as 'bed mice' barely escaped with its life today following a dawn raid. The brave and talented hunter, a black and white moggy known as Radar, is not yet 2 years old but is one of the few living felines to have actually had a taste of the elusive creature.

"I go hunting for bed mice every morning", Radar told our reporters. "I had heard the legends of their superior taste and almost magical abilities to hide and disappear, but I was determined to test my skills against them, and it has paid off today". "I know it is still there, injured; I grabbed it and tasted blood. It screamed and ran so fast, it was stronger than I was expecting but next time I will be ready to hold it down and kill it".

Our readers want to know how it tasted! "It was.... different" Radar explained. "I have caught normal mice before and it didn't have the same taste, there was also no fur." But beyond that, Radar could not describe the exact taste as he only had it in his mouth for a second before it fought and escaped.

See page 4 for details of our international bed mouse hunting competition
Free bed mice special with tomorrow's edition- artists impressions; bed mice in myth, legend, and history; featured recipes. Don't miss out - ask your newsagent to reserve a copy!

My foot hurts

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
welli hope the bed mice had taken a bath before radar got ahold of it hehe..

hope your foot is ok

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I can imagine the sting, but what a hilarious story!

Very well written.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not the most gentle awakening I've ever had, the little you know what is in my bad books at the moment

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

It's not the most gentle awakening I've ever had, the little you know what is in my bad books at the moment
But Mom, I was just doing my job. I'm a good hunter & I was just trying to prove that to you.

Isaac caught a bed mouse once, but he didn't make it bleed (Thankfully!) (and yes it does hurt)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

That was inspired.

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Radar the mighty hunter!!

Originally Posted by Epona

You didn't expect that Mighty Hunter of yours to just leave that pesky bedmouse alone, did you??

Sorry about your foot .

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am absolutely crying right now I'm laughing so hard! Having been a "bed mouse" before, I had to share with Gary - and he's busting a gut!

Thanks for sharing - and SO creatively!

Laurie

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Oh honey... make sure you put some anti-bacterial stuff on it so it doesn't get infected.

on radar? i dont think cats like the taste

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hahahahahahahahahahaha! You're brilliant