(sorry to ask)..wish me luck, or vibes.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK. In about 24 hours I'm going to fly to New York with my daughter for a family vacation. Unfortunately, out of the 4 of us, I INTENSELY hate flying, I DREAM about plane crashes. So, not surprisingly, I'm a "bit" apprehensive.

We're going to "Wicked", do a Manhattan Circle tour, and see the major sites. (The kids are 15 and 16, and are VERY excited.)

OK, I'm not apprehensive, I'm freaked out. So I guess I'm just asking for vibes for a totally excruciating experience.
(the flight)

I had my hip broken surgically and a hip resurfacing, and that was NOTHING compared to this. Darn.

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
on the way. Can't you get any good meds from your doctor to make the flight less stressful?

I hate flying too; that's why I decided I will no longer do it. I donated my frequent flyer miles to charity.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcaregiver

on the way. Can't you get any good meds from your doctor to make the flight less stressful?

I hate flying too; that's why I decided I will no longer do it. I donated my frequent flyer miles to charity.
I love you, LOL. Yeah, after 9/11 I TOTALLY wouldn't fly. So I get Ativan from my doctor. Just...it makes me a bit loopy afterward.

Although it's better than when I freak out and cry for 4 hours during a flight.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I won't ever fly. (A word of advice, no matter what anyone says, never watch Final Destination before you fly!!!!!) Ever. And drugs never "hit me right" so I end up totally flipping out. I almost got booted off my last flight for being "unruly". I don't remember a thing, the drugs made me aggressive & I don't remember like 8 hours of that day.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good luck.

coming from someone that has spent hours and hours flying.
lol oh yea, my college degree is in aviation. Its no big deal.
You will be just fine.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I won't ever fly. (A word of advice, no matter what anyone says, never watch Final Destination before you fly!!!!!) Ever. And drugs never "hit me right" so I end up totally flipping out. I almost got booted off my last flight for being "unruly". I don't remember a thing, the drugs made me aggressive & I don't remember like 8 hours of that day.
That is going to help me, thinking that I'm at least not as unruly as you! (Ativan and a "Gin & Tonic" with no Tonic, LOL!)

So you're not going to visit me soon? LOL.

Last time I flew without meds I got a call MONTHS later from a teenager (that shared his Bible with me on the flight) to make sure I was ok.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If i ever move back overseas, remind me not to invite you to visit

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

I did fly to England. I just slept a lot.

It would ALMOST be worth it to visit cool people from TCS.

Hey....who here is from NYC???

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Yeah. My feet stay ON the ground. You'd have to sedate me(did I ever mention it takes enough sedative to knock out a 250 lb man to take me out?
) to get me on a plane ever again!

I'm not helping any, am I?
As you are flying, just think of me....remember I'm a million times worse & be glad I'm not sitting next to you!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah. My feet stay ON the ground. You'd have to sedate me(did I ever mention it takes enough sedative to knock out a 250 lb man to take me out?
) to get me on a plane ever again!

I'm not helping any, am I?
As you are flying, just think of me....remember I'm a million times worse & be glad I'm not sitting next to you!
I will have that image in my brain! (image of a praying Smilie here)

Don't worry, if I ever came to visit you for some reason (wink, wink) I would love to!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love flying and would gladly trade places with you. I say forget the drugs - have a couple of good drinks (they act as doubles when you are in the pressurized cabin
). Find a really good-looking fellow to sit beside and if he's any kind of gentleman at all he'll let you hold his hand through any rough spots you may have.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing that helps distract me while on the plane is to take pictures out the window. Take your digi cam and take pictures of the clouds, etc. I am a MAJOR fearful flyer. I don't do it often and its always traumatic (hyperventilating, crying, etc.). Taking pictures was the one thing that distracted me. Otherwise I sit there gripping the seats, "holding the plane up"

I have done courses and lots of research and it really is the safest way to travel. Lots of

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending you lots of good vibes for a safe journey Remember flying is the safest way to travel!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I love flying and would gladly trade places with you. I say forget the drugs - have a couple of good drinks (they act as doubles when you are in the pressurized cabin
). Find a really good-looking fellow to sit beside and if he's any kind of gentleman at all he'll let you hold his hand through any rough spots you may have.
& if you take some Benadryl, too, you'll pretty much sleep the time away!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

& if you take some Benadryl, too, you'll pretty much sleep the time away!
My Ativan should do it!

I'm not as cute as Linda to try the hand-holding thing, plus I think my daughter would cramp my style, LOL. I wish Tracy was my pilot!