Wild couple of weeks!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had surgery and then went back into the hospital for five days with an infection and I am not home 12 hours when my mom's bloodsugar crashes and we/me rush her to the hospital!!! I just brought her home this afternoon. She also has congestive heart failure.

This morning, I check my bank account online and SOMEONE had gotten ahold of my check card account number and exp and was ringing up lots of small charges! Sooooooo... call the bank, file a complaint for an investigation, cancel the card.... The card has disappeared. I went into the hospital as an emergency and didn't think to give my purse to my sis to take home, so it was with me. I think someone there helped themselves, tho' nothing else seems to be missing. And I have no way to prove it.

Sigh....

I need a vacation.....

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You definitely need a vacation. Use a different credit card!
I stayed in a newly remodeled artsie hotel in SF just because it sounded so interesting. Got a call a few days later from a mail order computer place. Did I order $2500 of computer equipment to be shipped to a different address? Not on your life, but the company was swift enough not to process the order. Cancelled the card and ordered a new one. Got another call on the new card asking if I had ordered a bunch of merchandise to be shipped to Canada. No!
Got another new card number. I bought that fraud insurance.

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Addie, go to the bank with a copy of the hospital bill showing the dates you were in the hospital. It will validate your story, though not prove that you didn't authorize someone else to use it.

I would also contact the hospital and file a complaint. If enough people do that, they may be able to identify the person who stole your card. Yes, I am aware of the high number of people with access to your hospital room, but it has to start somewhere.

It's sad that you can't trust people.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You DO need a vacation!!!! I'm probably due for one, too--hey, maybe we should get organize a TCS meet-up at CoolCat's
Don't I wish

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Addie, go to the bank with a copy of the hospital bill showing the dates you were in the hospital. It will validate your story, though not prove that you didn't authorize someone else to use it.

I would also contact the hospital and file a complaint. If enough people do that, they may be able to identify the person who stole your card. Yes, I am aware of the high number of people with access to your hospital room, but it has to start somewhere.

It's sad that you can't trust people.
Thanks Momof4 - my bank is swift to respond to this. They put you through a series of questions, etc. to determine that you are who you say you are and then their fraud dept. contacts you.. I have to sign legal paperwork stating that these are NOT my charges/transactions. This is the second time in the last four months.

I was thinking about contacting the hospital. I know what I will be told - that I should not have had my purse with me. I don't know what the liability laws are in regards to that here in Michigan.

Addie

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

You DO need a vacation!!!! I'm probably due for one, too--hey, maybe we should get organize a TCS meet-up at CoolCat's
Don't I wish
Ah! Sunny Mexico!! Wouldn't that be nice!

Unfortunately, I am waiting for the avalance of non-reimbursed medical expenses to hit me. Five days in the hospital in total, surgeon, anesthesiology, the surgical suite... I had to hire private pay help when I got out b/c I am primary care-giver for my elderly mom. $$$$$$$$$$$$

I can hear the meter running: tickatickaticka-TING! tickatickaticka-TING!

No vacay, no new car, no nuttin'!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh...
..I´m so sorry about all my friend...
don´t give up!

Originally Posted by catsknowme

Don't I wish
that would be terrific!!!

Originally Posted by AddieBee

Ah! Sunny Mexico!! Wouldn't that be nice!
...here´s a bit of our tropical sun for you!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, CoolCat. I live in Michigan. We have sunshine here today but it is very cold!