Mac Makeup

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well it's the only makeup I use. A least facial wise. People always say I'm crazy because it's so expensive. Well in my mind you get what you pay for. I used to use cover girl or others but they always made my face break out big time. So I made the switch to department store brand and Mac was the only one that covered well and didn't cause me to break out. But I have really oily skin and a few hours into wearing it when I did my face would look all cakey. So finally I went back and explained the issue and they recommended this stuff called the prep+prime. They said it was $22 which made me go eek I gave in to it. I tried it finally yesterday and WOW what a difference it made. Even after sweating from trying on clothes and just walking around the mall with my friend I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and it looked like I had just done my makeup. I know I sound like a walking advertisement but I can't help it. For those of you here who have this same problem and wear makeup this is well worth the investment. I don't wear makeup very often so I know it'll last me a good long while.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to find somthing that works somtimesI always found makeup never blended well with my skin and I always felt a little clown like with a lot of the base makeups.

I use somthing called Sheer Cover
http://www.sheercover.com/index.php?acnt=YHSsitem

it's a mineral based makeup that goes on in a powder form it's nice and light and looks very natural. I find it really covers blemishes well. I have a friend who has a birthmark on her face and she uses it and it's like she never had a birthmark. She loves the stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My mom uses bare minerals. I wanna try it but that's some expensive stuff. I have a huge birthmark my left cheek. I want to give that stuff a try. I'll take a look at that website tho.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Bare Minerals. That stuff is seriously amazing! I've always wanted to try it, but never had a chance to find a boutique to get my right color. I was at the Mall of America & got a full makeover for free & have been hooked ever since
The foundation is $25.00 but it lasts forever! My skin has cleared up and I hardly break out anymore either. Its so easy to apply & looks incredibly natural. I will never buy another makeup again, everything is great from there, especially their lip glosses too!

Now when I am out, I can just order what I need online, which isn't so bad at all! Luckily I have all the shades that they used on me when I got my makeover so I know exactly what to order next time, since I didn't get everything I wanted the first time.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I use Bare Minerals. That stuff is seriously amazing! I've always wanted to try it, but never had a chance to find a boutique to get my right color. I was at the Mall of America & got a full makeover for free & have been hooked ever since
The foundation is $25.00 but it lasts forever! My skin has cleared up and I hardly break out anymore either. Its so easy to apply & looks incredibly natural. I will never buy another makeup again, everything is great from there, especially their lip glosses too!

Now when I am out, I can just order what I need online, which isn't so bad at all! Luckily I have all the shades that they used on me when I got my makeover so I know exactly what to order next time, since I didn't get everything I wanted the first time.
$25.... That's not too bad. Once I have a bit more money I may have to stop into Sephoria and find out more about these two brands.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I used to use Revlon colorstay b/c it was the only one that provided full coverage and stayed on. But, it was so heavy and broke me out really badly that I tried Bare Minerals--my face cleared right up, its lightweight and covers well. My negatives about it are: it doesn't stay on all day and it tends to make my skin look really dry by the end of the day.

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use Bare Minerals, too. I love the natural, no make-up look. I've never tried MAC, but there is a girl (Panacea81) on YouTube who does some amazing tutorials with it! It makes me want to buy some after watching her although I never make up my eyes heavily.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isabel

I use Bare Minerals, too. I love the natural, no make-up look. I've never tried MAC, but there is a girl (Panacea81) on YouTube who does some amazing tutorials with it! It makes me want to buy some after watching her although I never make up my eyes heavily.
Ooooh I'll have to check it out. I love how they do their eyes there. I'm such a noob at doing makeup.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

I used to use Revlon colorstay b/c it was the only one that provided full coverage and stayed on. But, it was so heavy and broke me out really badly that I tried Bare Minerals--my face cleared right up, its lightweight and covers well. My negatives about it are: it doesn't stay on all day and it tends to make my skin look really dry by the end of the day.
Really? I guess its different with everyone, but I adore it. I got some money from Christmas & want to order the warmth & some blush that I really liked on my makeover.
I cannot believe that its cleared up my skin so much, its so lightweight & thats what I love about it. I got the brushes too and they are really great!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I bought MAC it would be for their bright bold colors. . . but they want WAY too much money for one little eye shadow. I can get the same colors at ICING by Claires, and I usually have everyone fooled!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that all products are not created equal.

I haven't tried Mac, but I use Adrien Arpel quite a bit. I have a colour correction wheel that you use prior to applying foundation and it evens out your skin tone. The foundation is amazing too.

Many years ago I used to use "Stage Light Cosmetics". It was basically theatrical makeup that was sold at a cosmetic counter in a department store, like any other high priced cosmetics. It was mega expensive but it was worth it. It's no longer sold in the stores, but you can still buy it online. It's now called "Stage Cosmetics".

The black glitter eye shadow was one of my favourites for club hopping evenings. A little dab was enough and it was just used as a highlight.

http://www.stagecosmetics.com/

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
working in the cosmetic department there is a trick to make your make up stay on longer, firstly you need to put on a Serum Cream, then a hydrant cream and then a day cream. You then apply your foundation and then your powder make up. After doing your eyes and lips you apply blush last.

If you use all three creams first and then the foundation you will notice a massive difference, your make up will not come off so fast.

I am lucky in germany I have found a really good make up brand that now has mineral make up, it only costed me $3 (it sounds too cheap to be true) but my face does not break out, dry up and the make up lasts for a whole day!

I highly reccomend doing this.

Although it does take longer to do your make up in the morning atleast 10 - 15 minutes but its very worth it!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

I haven't experienced these problems with the Bare Minerals and I have combination skin (very prone to flaky skin around the sides of my chin --then oily in the middle
) but I do use both a moisturizer and on special occasions, Smashbox Photo Finish (a primer).

Bare Minerals stays on all day and doesn't irritate my skin/clog pores. I don't think I'll ever use liquid foundation again.