wake up meow

hallycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Missy announces when she wakes up wih a loud meow and she does it every time. even after a short nap.. but the longer the nap the louder she meows. i wish iunderstood meow im sure sheis saying something but WHAT? DOes any one else have a baby that does this..?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's cute.
Maybe she's just greeting you and telling you about the dream she just had.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat Manytoes does the same thing, whenever he first gets up, its accompanied by at least one, and sometimes two or three cheerful sounding Meows. I like to think its his way of making sure I notice everything he does

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hallycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with both of you. i think she is saying hello and telling about her dream. and i am for sure she wants to make sure i know where she is and what she is doing at all times. lol

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a very "vocal" 15 year old cat. He'll come in and give a series of short meows. It's almost like he's trying to talk to me
And the funniest thing is- if I say something- he meows back

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sneakymom

I have a very "vocal" 15 year old cat. He'll come in and give a series of short meows. It's almost like he's trying to talk to me
And the funniest thing is- if I say something- he meows back
My Merlynn is the exact same way. Once she starts meowing I can meow back or say her name or "what's up" and she answers with a meow. hahahahaha. i love it!

shemarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have been reading a lot of Sylvia Brown's books lately. She says when humans sleep, we can travel to "the other side". She also says animals are the closest things to angels we have here on earth...and so it is easier for them to connect to "the other side". Maybe Missy's just announcing hey mom - I'm back from my trip!