g-mail

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I know that some of the members here must have gmail accounts. I'm wondering if any of you are having log-in trouble. Seems like I haven't been able to get in all week (well, yesterday & today at least) and I'm wondering if it's just me?!

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My gmail is my secondary account, so I check it every few days, but I haven't had any problems

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't had any problems lately. But I would guess with the size of gmail, they could have several servers and the one you are on may be down.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine has worked fine all week...but it only works in Firefox and not IE7 for some reason, no matter what plug-ins I've tried to install. Could that be part of your problem?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Mine has worked fine all week...but it only works in Firefox and not IE7 for some reason, no matter what plug-ins I've tried to install. Could that be part of your problem?
I have two Gmail accounts, and haven't had any problems, but I also use Firefox, rather than IE.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I checked my account yesterday from work using IE7...it was fine.

Maybe try resetting your password? Perhaps they did some upgrades on their end that wound up effecting your password.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im a little obsessive re: checking email, and check my gmail account from my Lab using IE7, and from home usually with Firefox. Have not had a single problem of at least 2-5 logins per day...Try signing into your google account from the google main page (vs gmail.com) and see if you can get in like that?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had no login trouble but EVERY single time I load gmail, it has an error loading and I have to refresh. Its annoying.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's ok this morning so what ever the problem was they resolved it.

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I haven't had any problems lately. But I would guess with the size of gmail, they could have several servers and the one you are on may be down.
Never thought of that.

Originally Posted by Sandtigress

No, I use FF too.

Originally Posted by lunasmom

I checked my account yesterday from work using IE7...it was fine.

Maybe try resetting your password? Perhaps they did some upgrades on their end that wound up effecting your password.
It wouldn't even load the log-in page. I got a pop error saying something like the site was having errors and my mail would be fine... yada yada yada

Originally Posted by Februa

Im a little obsessive re: checking email, and check my gmail account from my Lab using IE7, and from home usually with Firefox. Have not had a single problem of at least 2-5 logins per day...Try signing into your google account from the google main page (vs gmail.com) and see if you can get in like that?
I'll have to try that if it happens again.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

It wouldn't even load the log-in page. I got a pop error saying something like the site was having errors and my mail would be fine... yada yada yada
That sounds like one of two things. Either run a A/V and Antispyware scan on your computer or the local server your network logs into was having problems.