Funny Santa Story

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is after the fact but it's a cute story that happened this year.

Daughter has been going through the rude phase, testing limits as always. Those of you with a nine-year-old daughter probably know what I'm talking about. So... Husband and his mom took our daughter for her annual Santa picture just before Christmas.

Daughter is on Santa's knee and he asks, "Have you been a good girl this year?" and she nods yes.

Her father, on the other hand, is watching from a distance and shakes his head no. Santa gives him a squinty stink-eyed look, points a gloved finger at my husband, and says sternly, "I want to talk to you later." Daughter and Santa talk for a long time.

Husband goes to Santa afterwards and says, "You wanted to talk to me?" and Santa says, "Yes. I believe that little girl has been a very good girl this year... You," he continues, "I'm not so sure about."

What could he do? Have you ever seen a 39-year-old man apologize to Santa?

It did remind us that we need to appreciate our little girl...

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that is a cute santa story!

This part is so funny:
Husband goes to Santa afterwards and says, "You wanted to talk to me?" and Santa says, "Yes. I believe that little girl has been a very good girl this year... You," he continues, "I'm not so sure about."

Thanks for sharing that - brings a smile to my face

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you guys like the story! I keep laughing when I think about it.

We all know (daughter included) that he was a Santa's helper, but sometimes things like this come through and you wonder... The Santa had a real beard, too, he looked very authentic...

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is too cute. I bet it made your daughter feel good to see Santa "scold" daddy.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many years ago in Austin, I worked for awhile at a psychiatric hospital, and one of our staff therapists was a man about 25 who was big and stocky and pink-cheeked, with bright blue eyes and snowy-white-blond hair in ringlets all over. Every fall he grew a beard and played Santa, of course... and it eventually became a career for him. He's about 50 now and I see him everywhere -- in parades and TV ads and so forth. He's just an absolutely perfect Santa!

And of course, with his background in psychology, he's probably handing out a little counseling along with the lollipops... just like your Santa!