What was your biggest weight loss challenge

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What was your biggest weight loss challenge ever? And what was your soulution to that challenge?

Mine was about a year ago when I joined Weight Watchers. The day after I signed up I won a years supply of.... BEN AND JERRY'S!

My solution, I made my coworkers very happy and handed out 95% of the cupons to them!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's been making the switch from soda to healthier drinks. Still having a hard time with it. I'm addicted I gotta be. I'm also a sweet junkie. And now that everything holiday is on sale that means the candy bleh it's all over.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i find dieting so hard! i only have to look at a cake, & i put on a stone haha! then there's my boyfriend, who never stops eating crap, & there's nothing to him!

grrr, it's not fair

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

What was your biggest weight loss challenge ever? And what was your soulution to that challenge?
The biggest challenge? Giving enough of a hoot.
Solution? None yet.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of milk (1%) and bread, walking as much as I can and cutting back on sodas and other sugary foods. When we eat out at a fast food joint, which we do rarely, I always try to substitute my soda drink for a milk or two. I don't eat meat that much but I love my greens. I'm also weird about my salad, no dressing! I would love to eat more yogurt but that can get expensive after a while.

(Haven't they proven that low-fat dairy products are good for people's diet and their metabolism?)

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never really had to purposely try to lose weight, I've always believed that prevention is the key. I always try to choose healthy foods, and get excersise on a daily basis. Crash diets don't last, you have to choose a healthy lifestyle and stick with it if you want to loose weight/maintain a healthy weight.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many people gave me chocolate for Christmas this year (don't worry Gail, I ate the German milk chocolate already!!! OMG!!! It was Heavenly!!!) I need to take it all to work and let the hogs there have a chocolate orgy! If I keep it in the house, I keep hearing it call to me!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Lots of milk (1%) and bread, walking as much as I can and cutting back on sodas and other sugary foods. When we eat out at a fast food joint, which we do rarely, I always try to substitute my soda drink for a milk or two. I don't eat meat that much but I love my greens. I'm also weird about my salad, no dressing! I would love to eat more yogurt but that can get expensive after a while.

(Haven't they proven that low-fat dairy products are good for people's diet and their metabolism?)
No, I in fact put on a lot of weight if i have yogurt or milk. just one yogurt a day for a week will make me put on two - three kilograms. And i buy the low fat ones!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I can claim to be the WW Guru given how long I have been on it, how much I lost, and I am a lifetime member.

First of all, DO NOT cut down on the milk. You need at least 2 servings of calcium a day. Drink 1% milk because it has the same WW points as skim milk so why bother with watery skim? Also, Fage makes a great 0% plain Greek yogurt which is awesome. Put some fresh fruit on it.

Eat more natural and not processed foods. Have 5 servings of fruit or veggies per day. Cut down on portion sizes. Don't go on the seafood diet which is if I see food I eat it.

Drink water, not soda. Exercise at least 5x per week if you can. You should talk to your doctor about the exercise.

Most of all, you really have to want to lose weight and be willing to make a big commitment.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great advice!!

My biggest weight loss challenge is to block the path between my hand and my mouth
It's not going well

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have battled my weight ever since i graduated. I always remained at about a size 12-14 all thru school, then once i graduated i jumped to a 20-22. I started to get alot of pain in my back, neck, hips, and knees and i just brushed it off as the excess weight i was carrying. Tried many diets, and even went to a weight doctor for help with prescription medications. Still nothing helped. Tried eating weight watchers foods, even counted all calories. Still nothing. The more i tried the more i got depressed. the more i got depressed the more i ate, and gained. and the more i was physically hurting. Finally i went to my family doctor and he started me on antidepressants. I have battled depression since i was around 5 due to a traumatic sexual encounter but never thought it was a cause to my physical pain and weight gain. It seemed the more pain i had the more my stomach was upset and the more upset my stomach was the more i ate to keep it from hurting. and of course the more weight i gained. The doctor decided it was more to my ailments than depression alone and started me on a series of testing that lasted about 2 years. after about 2 months into this testing i woke up and could not move the pain in my neck was so severe that all i could do was scream every movement i made. i was treated with pain meds, muscle relaxers, and steroids. i finally got to where i could walk around and made it a point to do something about my weight assuming it was the cause. so i started into karate, and lost about 45 lbs but still continues to have pain. Finally the doctor after two years of feeling like something was wrong and there was no cure, diagnosed me with a muscular condition known as fybromyalgia and that i would eventually end up in a wheel chair. acutally giving me an age of 45. I at the time was only a young age of 25 said there is no way as long as i have any control of this am i going to end up in a wheel chair. I then quit all the medications i was on including the antidepressant (was on about 12 meds 3x a day) increased my exercise continued to eat everything i wanted to. I continued to lose weight and started feeling great. Then i tore the cartlige in my knee. That put an end to all my exercise for i didnt have insurance any longer and could not go to the doctor. i dealt with it for about a year and a half finally got some good insurance and had surgery on my knee. I had my surgery on april 6th of 2006, i went in for surgery weighing my highest weight of 233 lbs. 4 days after surgery i was walking again and even tho sore from surgery immediately noticed the difference in my pain. After 8 weeks of therapy i was given the ok to go back to firefighting and to go back to all of my athletic activities including karate and basketball my biggest loves of all. within 3 months of starting back into this i dropped 45 lbs and have finally dropped not only under 200 lbs but have been steady at 185 for the past year and a half. I dont eat anything special. we eat fast food almost every day, i just exercise, live happy by spending all the time i possible can with my man and my animals, and refuse to take prescription meds. I guess the motive of my story is that i never really had a big weight loss challenge because i was unhappy with my weight. But rather had a challenge to get to root of why i had a weight problem. I am still a little sore and stiff from the fybromyalgia but have learned that people can overcome any kind of challenge as long as the reason for the challenge is right. If you do it for the wrong reason its almost impossible to defeat the challenge.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hardest for me? Halloween, Easter, Thanksgiving, & Christmas. My diet goes out the door and I spend the time between lowering my weight again.

I was lucky after Christmas...I gained 5 pounds, then got this cold where the only thing that sounded good for the last 4-5 days was soup. So oatmeal for breakfast, soup for lunch and soup for dinner. I've lost 3 of the 5 lbs just doing that!

(PS I don't encourage an all soup diet as a way to lose weight)