quick question

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry if this is in the wrong place!

well, i'll get to the point hehe, you know when your cat's been for a wee on your carpet, alot of people have suggested i use Baking Soda to get rid of the smell, to stop her doing it again, but exactly what do i mix it with? how much do i use? & then what do i do? i bought some Baking Powder, as that's the only one i saw in the supermarket, hope that's the right one though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I hope you like baking, because baking powder and baking soda are completely different. They are both found in the same aisle though
oop's! now i feel like a right prat! actually, it's my other half that thought it was the same not me LOL

ok, for when i get the right one, what do i do?

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope someone else can help you with the other part of your question. As far as I know, *knock on wood* my girls have only ever puked on the carpet.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I hope someone else can help you with the other part of your question. As far as I know, *knock on wood* my girls have only ever puked on the carpet.
thanks! i hope so to

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baking powder and Baking soda are not the same thing. Usually its Arm & Hammer Baking soda and should be in the same isle with the baking stuff/spices/sugar/flour, etc.

I would sprinkle some baking soda on the spot and let it sit for a few mins - then take some warm water and start sponging it.

But Nature's Miracle works better - you can pick it up in Petco stores

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Baking powder and Baking soda are not the same thing. Usually its Arm & Hammer Baking soda and should be in the same isle with the baking stuff/spices/sugar/flour, etc.

I would sprinkle some baking soda on the spot and let it sit for a few mins - then take some warm water and start sponging it.

But Nature's Miracle works better - you can pick it up in Petco stores
thanks! i'll try that, i don't have a Petco round here, as am UK, would they have it in any other pet store?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most pet stores will have some kind of enzyme cleaner. The baking soda will take the smell out for you, but not your cat. You need something with an enzyme that actually removes the scent so you cat won't continue doing her business there. We use Woolite pet stain and odor remover and it works very well. We get that at Wal-mart, and it's cheaper than what you would buy at a pet store.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry didn't realize you were not in the US - you'll have to check with some of your bigger pet stores. Not sure if online companies would have it, but do a search in your area