Surgery tomorrow!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cardiac surgery is tomorrow!!!!! We have to be there at 5:15am, and surgery is at 7:30am. Did you know that there was a 5:15 in the morning?!?!?!

I had my pre-op stuff today - talking to doctors, blood tests, EKG, chest x-ray. Nothing exciting. We asked lots of questions, so feel pretty calm about it all. I'm amazed how calm I am, but I guess it's hard to comprehend that I'm getting major surgery when I feel fine. I've also just been through emotionally traumatic surgery and had a hospital stay just a couple of months ago, so we know what to expect and how the hospital system works.

We just had friends drop by with a care package. There was a stuffed elephant holding a heart, and they wrapped the heart in bandages.
There was a "Box of hugs and kisses" - a box full of Hershey's kisses and Hershey's Hugs chocolates. There was a box covered in bandaids and inside was a bunch of magazines, Uno card game, a Cranium card game, a card game called "Duck Duck Bruce", a heart shaped box filled with red Jelly Belly jelly beans, and heaps more chocolates. We have such an amazing support network

Anyway, I feel fine about it all, but if you could send calming vibes for my poor husband, and healing vibes for me I'd appreciate it!

A couple of members here will update you guys when my husband has details.

Speak to you all soon!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending many calming vibes for your husband & many for your surgery tomorrow!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are the calming vibes for Hubby

Here are the healing vibes for you!

You and your hubby will be in my prayers!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sending many calming to your husband and many healing to you!! I will be praying for you and your husband!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What wonderful friends you have! I'll be thinking of you and sending perfect-surgery vibes. Won't it be great to know everything is all fixed up!

Much love and light to you and your husband...

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You'll be in my thoughts, Sarah.
A steady stream of calming vibes for hubby and healing vibes for you are coming your way.

What a great group of friends you have there; that care package sounds awesome!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of vibes that the surgery goes swimmingly!

Lots of vibes that Andrew stays calm and collected throughout!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

My cardiac surgery is tomorrow!!!!! We have to be there at 5:15am, and surgery is at 7:30am. Did you know that there was a 5:15 in the morning?!?!?!
I've met it a time or two, but not willingly

Originally Posted by sarahp

Anyway, I feel fine about it all, but if you could send calming vibes for my poor husband, and healing vibes for me I'd appreciate it!

A couple of members here will update you guys when my husband has details.

Speak to you all soon!
Sending lots of and prayers for you both, and looking forward to updates and your speedy recovery and return.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Been thinking about you all week already, Sarah!

Super duper healing to you and calming to Andrew!

If Andrew is anything like Earl, they will probably be close to admitting him for panic attacks through the whole thing.
But we know YOU will be fine - better than new, even! - and therefore HE should be fine too.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping from my experiences that Andrew will be having much more of a difficult time than you will be having. LOL! I'm so glad you're getting all fixed up. Mega healing & calming vibes to you both!