Does there come a point.....

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in time when you fear that your cats' whining, insistent meowing will cause you to go insane.
I almost reached the point last night. Popsie felt it necessary to keep waking me up. When he tries to get me up he uses this high pitched raspy meow that seems to drill right into the center of my brain. First I tried to be stern and kept telling him to lay down. Then I caved into begging him. He succeeded in getting me to turn on the light and get out of bed twice last night. Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to do with him.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. Every once in a while, a cat gets banished to the bathroom. Most of the time, it's when he's getting on the other cat's nerves, though, so he's only annoying me by proxy.

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

First I tried to be stern and kept telling him to lay down. Then I caved into begging him. He succeeded in getting me to turn on the light and get out of bed twice last night. Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to do with him.
He's trying to train you, obviously. And it seems to be working, also obviously!

I'm telling you, I highly recommend getting a white noise machine. I've made this recommendation before when people complain about being kept awake by noise. With the bedroom door closed off to the cats at night, my wife and I don't hear a thing while we're sleeping because of the white noise machine. Mind you, that can actually be a bad thing, and it won't be suitable for certain people as a result, like parents of young children. It took us about 3-4 days to get used to the monotonous sound from the machine, but after that it was smooth sailing. Now we're both hooked on it and can't sleep without it. But for us it's a small price to pay.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. Bayley.

He is a whiner beyond belief!
He tries to get into your food, your drinks, everything
Sometimes I wonder what I'm going to do with him!

But then when he comes up to me and looks at me with those big eyes & then I wonder what I would ever do without him

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Yes. Bayley.

He is a whiner beyond belief!
He tries to get into your food, your drinks, everything
Sometimes I wonder what I'm going to do with him!

But then when he comes up to me and looks at me with those big eyes & then I wonder what I would ever do without him
That is exactly what Chessy does and how I feel about him

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties do this all the time by trying to kick one of the bed!! I sleep with a heating pad (dont know why, but I like it) and they like to lay on it when I dont lay on it!! LOL

I hate those whitenoise machines they drive me nuts!!

My BIL and SIL have one, they got it when they had a baby so she wouldn't get used to sleeping without noise and when I stayed over I thought I was going to throw the machine against the wall to get it so shut up! LOL

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh!!!!! That's Stuart alright, he drives me to the brink of insanity sometimes!!! He'll whine and whine and whine if my SO leaves the room, let alone the house!!! I want to choke him! But then he looks at me with those puss in boots eyes

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
squishy doesnt do that, the only time she has ever made alot of noise was last week when she came in heat and even then she was quiet according to what i read she could have been like. And still even tho she was in heat she still went to sleep with us at nite when we did.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try living with a deaf cat.
There is no "quiet inside voice", no "shut up!", nothing. She just yodels....all.....the......time.
I have slept with earplugs in before!

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm watching a friend's Siamese right now...I've had this particular cat for about two weeks, and every morning, and every night, and every other time she wants something, anything, it's HOWLING-TIME. It drives me nuts. I can't see how my friend can live with this cat. =3

Then again, she calls me crazy for having to put up with my kitten, who is all teeth.

murfie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
when i first got Murfie i put her in the bathroom to sleep at night as i have 3 dogs so i didnt want her to be tormented by them!
it only lasted a few nights though cos she meowed ALL night it was so loud i was afraid my neighbour would hear her through the wall!!!
she now sleeps under the blankets by my feet every night!

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
isnt it funny how we just love our cats soooo much that anything they do is all good and cute, but if its someone else's cat we cant see how we could live with it. i guess i am pretty lucky, our cats arent that vocal, they talk occasionally but not to the point where i am going insane. Now mr. screach, our outside tom cat talks, howls and everything else ALL THE FREAKIN TIME. I couldnt live with him in the house, he would drive me to dig out my ears or something. The girls just think they should "massage" your face when you try to sleep.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RobertM

He's trying to train you, obviously. And it seems to be working, also obviously!

I'm telling you, I highly recommend getting a white noise machine. I've made this recommendation before when people complain about being kept awake by noise. With the bedroom door closed off to the cats at night, my wife and I don't hear a thing while we're sleeping because of the white noise machine. Mind you, that can actually be a bad thing, and it won't be suitable for certain people as a result, like parents of young children. It took us about 3-4 days to get used to the monotonous sound from the machine, but after that it was smooth sailing. Now we're both hooked on it and can't sleep without it. But for us it's a small price to pay.
I use a box fan for the same reason. I cannot sleep without it

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two combine into the ultimate terror!

Chevy gets into everything, is extremely nosy, and wants to play ALL the time!

Summer is my very VOCAL one who begs for attention ALL the time, including waking us up!

I truly love them with both my heart, but honestly, a few days at home, and their constant following me with their cuteness is a bit overwhelming at times! But I love them and just ignore their annoyingness as long as they'll let me...for about 10 seconds!